Help, not seeing the scale move!?!?

Options
So far I have lost 11 lbs being on my restrictive calorie diet at 1200 cal. I'm 5'5 and now weigh 180 lbs. trying to get to atleast 150 by the end of October. I work out 6 days a week namely strength and some cardio here and there. Can someone review my diary and tell me what's wrong. This pause in weight loss is so discouraging and makes me lose motivation. Please HEEEELP.

Also feel free to add me

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    This chart created by @lemonlionheart may help:

a37btb7mxb3t.jpg

Here's a great post about keeping a food diary that might offer some insight: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10191216/the-most-important-thing-you-can-do-to-lose-weight

If you still have questions, please ask.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    How long have you not seen the scale move? You've lost 11lb so far which is good it that since July?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything? I only see weights listed for the meats. I also see ground turkey a few times logged alone. Was that as a burger with condiments/bun? Those need to be weighed logged to.
  • fontoniajff
    fontoniajff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I literally weigh anything that doesnt come in 1 serving. The ground turkey is just the patty I don't eat anything with it. I am completely honest with everything that's been logged. Sometimes I even add more to the amount just to be on the safe side like if it's 3/8 I will put 1/2
  • fontoniajff
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    How long have you not seen the scale move? You've lost 11lb so far which is good it that since July?

I've been at 180 since the 7 of Aug

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

I've been at 180 since the 7 of Aug

That's FIVE days. You need to give it more time.
  • fontoniajff
    Options
    Maybe I just need to be patient
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    patience grasshopper! also change it up for a day....if you do no or low carb, do a lot one day or vice versa...i did 1200 calories and went from 150-130 and then increased to 1400 calories and slowly lost to 125 over the last year. i do 5 days strict and 2 days no so much...i watch macro's which seems to be the easiest way for me
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Patience. Some days the scale is going to stay the same. Some days it will even go up. There are 2 factors at play:

1. Water weight. Can cause temporary increase due to TOM/hormones, sodium, stress, muscle repair and a # of other reasons.

2. Our bodies are not terribly efficient. When you deposit cash in your bank account you know your available balance increases by the same amount immediately. Putting in a calorie deficit of 500 today does not mean your body will automatically be 1/7 of a pound lighter tomorrow. Sometimes the effort you put in today will show up tomorrow or next week or eventually.

Trust the science and have faith. And do assess if 1200/day is truly a reasonable goal for you.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

Eating more is never the answer to weightloss.