What's your actual goal weight?

Options
If nobody had ever told you how much you were supposed to weigh, when would you stop?
What weight are you comfortable with?
My goal weight is 115
My actual goal weight is 140

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Started at 265.
    Currently 153.
    Ideal will be 185-200 walking weight with sub 10% bodyfat. It's gonna take a while.
    For reference, I'm a 5'10" male.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Never had one...I looked more at BF% and overall composition...arbitrary weight on the scale doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I estimated that I'd have to be around 170-175 to be at my current BF% but it ended up being 180...I've never understood setting a goal for some arbitrary number that is comprised of so much more than just fat.
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 169, 10-15% body, I'm 5'9", male. CW is 212
  • crowedog6
    crowedog6 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    190 to 175 im 187 now
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It should probably be 130, but we'll see when I get there.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    When I first started my goal weight was 115 seeing as I was 139 and still within a healthy weight range for my height (5'3.5"), just small framed so it didn't look good on me. I'm 108 pounds now maintaining on 1900 to 2400 calories per day. I'm strong, healthy, and my body composition is way better than I thought it could ever be. I do feel most comfortable between this weight and 110.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My original goal was an arbitrary 145, I picked that number because I thought it reasonable. Now at 136, I'm just kind of playing around with it. Losing this weight was so easy, my curiosity is getting the best of me. As @AnnPT77 said, "Granny sez: Insist on your own authority over your own body. It's a powerful thing, even beyond the body alone. You know when you're healthy and strong." I'm 62 and my only regret is that I didn't do this 22 years ago.
  • BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If I can get to it one day, 105 lbs. CW is 120 lbs at 5'0 and a half.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If nobody had ever told you how much you were supposed to weigh, when would you stop?
    What weight are you comfortable with?
    My goal weight is 115
    My actual goal weight is 140
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It's interesting to me:

I perceived that OP was originally asking (subtly, implicitly) whether our weight goals were socially influenced, i.e., if we would possibly have a different weight goal if we were the only one with an opinion, rather than friends, family, media & whatnot possibly having an influence as well.

But most of us are answering with just a singular goal. Does that mean that most of us feel we're the captain of our own ship, and not letting others have undue influence?

I am just not that influenced by others, especially doctors, when they tell me what they want. Such is so unimpressive. I've had too many dingbats for doctors in this town, but admittedly, my present set is better than I've had in decades.

I tend to decide for myself what I am going to do. Yes, that has occasionally gotten me in trouble, but most of the time, I do well that way.

Presently, I weigh 113.5 lbs. My nutritionist tells me I need to gain a little, but he intends gaining muscle. I am trying to do that, but so far, not so good. I am a whole lot better now, however, than I was a half year ago, when I was literally sleeping more than half of my days.
  • purplesevens
    purplesevens Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The "official charts" say 115 to 150 for my stats. When I was 18, I was 135 and everyone said I looked too thin. I'm big-boned and somewhat muscular to start with. I've set my goal weight for 155, but I used to have it set to 175, simply because I didn't have the confidence in myself to believe I could get lower. If I get to 155 and still feel "chubby" I may lower it to 145, but I think I'll stop there...I think. How I look and feel is what I care about, to hell with the "ideal". I'm 184 and I have a ways to go but I'll make it. I used to be SO depressed about ideal weight when I was young, being an early bloomer I was 120 in 6th grade and 140 in junior high, though not fat, just bigger than the other 95lb girls. I used to get nauseous when they made us do the fitness checks in PhysEd cause I weighed more than everyone else. Now I realize those numbers don't really compare to true health and fitness, just a rough guideline. :smile:
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    105-110