New with no will power

Options
So I'm I'm sort of new, i fall off every time I start my weight loss journey. I really really want this but I find I fail because my mind is soooo lazy. I want this soooooo bad more than anything. Determined to stay focus

Replies

• SommerC76
    SommerC76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too sister I loose, I gain it a cycle I can't seem to break, but I did use this app last year and I've kept more off this time. Just started again this week
  • shirleygra
    shirleygra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I spent 60years losing and gaining going between 11 and 14 stone and once as high as 17, @. 5'1". . Lost 1/2 my body weight/7stone with this app over 2 yrs and kept it off now for for almost 2 years. First time in my life to be this low weight and for this long, ie forever. The secret? Just keep logging. Exercise, dont exercise, eat healthy, dont eat healthy. Eat what you want just less of it. While losing it, i just ate mostly what i had been. I wasnt ready to get healthy or to exercise. I just spent 2 years on 1200 cals, Losing weight was enough to think about and my rheumatoid arthritis kept me bed bound a lot until I started a new drug. Of course things I know now would have made it easier, but I found it ok. (i would have lost it even more slowly, allowed myself to change calories up and down, esten more veg, not count veg calories) bit by bit i ate more veg and less sugar. But, very importantly, even now, there is no food I cant eat no food is bad or magic. I eat lots and lots of veg but still have donuts etc, when i really feel like it, just not daily and sometimes just a half or a quarter (i keep them in the freezer with chocolate and ice cream - when no food is bad or off limits then you dont crave to eat it all at once). Its all about portion control and you need to log in evey day to help you learn what portion fills you enough without over doing it. Foods that make life easier are VEGETABLES most importantly (i never liked them before now I put them in everything, cakes,breakfast cereal mixed with cocoa powder, desserts etc, - makes you look and feel soooo much better and keeps you full. Also fruit of course.). Also sugar free jelly, sugar free gum, virtually no cal conjac noodles and pasta by Eatwater or Bare Naked about 20cals a pack/serving, and sparkling water and sugar free squash/cordial. All these filling low cal foods are great for when you wsnt big meals and a big full tummy feeling. Also plenty of protein to keep you full. Now I have extra calories for more fat too. i kept logging during maintenance, learning more about food, getting into exercise which i also logged so i could eat more calories (because at 7 stone 1650 calories was all I could have to maintain weight and I wanted more calories. Over this tiem too, there has been a trend for healthy recipes on so social media and i have learnt a lot of great recipes and new kinds of heslthy foods, I now eat 1800 cals a day. I've put on about 3lbs of muscle. I have needed to keep logging to work out, eating calories, exercise calories, increasing calories so not to panic about muscle weight gain. I log my weight only once a month now rather than once a week, and weigh myself when i feel like it. To reassure myself, I have a UK size 6 pair of jeans and if they fit then i am pretty much the same fat % weight, though I may slowly put about 7 lbs of fat back too after my muscles have doubled, as I am a bit too thin. Logging in everyday will get you,there, even when you overeat, feel bad etc, log it all because it will show you it is nothing that cant be made up for. So you see, get use to logging in daily as you need to get the long term habit so you can really learn about how your body works, and what works for you. There is no stopping and starting, falling down, its all one slow long journey. Take it one very small step at a time, change it up and down as you feel, lose weight, stay the same, put on a few lbs in the holidays. Doesnt matter, just keep stepping forward.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You got this. You just took a huge step. I'm here for the high's and the low's.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Here's my advice:
    Complete your profile. Add a photo or two (or ten), fill in all the sections, and set some goals.
    Make friends and interact with them.
    Visit these forums and try to help people. Sometimes a few words can make an enormous impact. Helping others helps you realize your own value.
    Get excited! This sounds cliche, but I can do that because I'm Legendary. You absolutely deserve to be excited about what you're doing.
    Remind yourself what you are doing. I have a note taped to my mirror that says, "This is important to me."
    I believe in you. And you should, too. :smile:
  • bshrom
    bshrom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just a little tip to help you stay on plan, try to plan your meals and food prep once or twice a week. I am pretty lazy when it comes to cooking so I food prep a couple times a week and to be honest this totally saves me all week. I just decide on a few things that I am hungry for that week, cook them in big batches, measure and portion them out, put them in Tupperware and store in the fridge. This prevents me all week from making poor food choices because I just heat it up and I'm ready to eat in minutes. You can also buy snack size ziploc baggies and preportion out your snacks to prevent you from overeating on snacks. Add me if you would like