Which scale to use?

Options
seashellbabe
seashellbabe Posts: 12 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! So basically I've ended up with 2 different bathroom scales, one's a Taylor and one's a Beurer. I've been using the Taylor one for about a year and just recently got the Beurer one, but when I weigh myself on both to try to compare the two, the Beurer one ALWAYS reads 1 and a half pounds more than the Taylor. I'm wondering which one I should use? Thank you!

Replies

• Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A pound and a half won't make any difference in the long run - just pick one and use only that one and you'll be fine :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Don't drive yourself crazy switching between them and comparing, just pick one and stick with it!
  • heatherlmosher
    heatherlmosher Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I bought a Taylor and was disappointed with it. I could get on and it would tell me 145 get off and tell me 153. Maybe just mine was defective but I won't buy another. I bought WW and have been very happy with it so far. It's very consistent.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've got two Taylor's. They both weigh me the same. Maybe you're not zeroing them. If you jostle them too much, they get anxious and spit out garbage.... :/
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In my experience the Taylor ones have always been off so I don't really trust them...
  • seashellbabe
    seashellbabe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Based off of the mixed reviews for the Taylor, I'll use the other one because it was almost twice as much as the Taylor so I assume it'll work better. Thank you!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My home scale always puts me around 3lb heavier than the doctors office regardless of time of day and testing it between a few doctors offices. I still use it to track trends but I subtract the 3lb. I, of course, double check every time I'm in a doctors office to be sure this is still the case.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    eat smart is really good.