Any other Hidradenitis Suppurativa sufferers out there?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Saboteurteehee
    Saboteurteehee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a sufferer of HS and didn't know that I had it until I tried to "lance" one one the cysts/boils myself and ended up really sick with a staph infection.
    That's exactly what just happened to me 6 weeks ago!
  • daviesfallen
    daviesfallen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I just wanted to mention a few things that may help. After countless amounts of research I have been able to out my hs into remission.
    It got to the point where I couldn't even move my arms anymore! I was in excruciating pain and I don't want anyone to have my experience on here! The lumps in my arms were constantly infected and would sweet to the size of golf balls and nothing helped what so ever until I made I change.
    Now these few steps are actually pretty simple to follow and it may work for you as well. I found out what mainly triggered my illness and this was potatoes and tomatoes (nightshades)
    I started avoiding eating them along with avoiding milk products. I also wash myself with head and shoulders zinc shampoo (this works wonders!) And supplement with fish oil and Tumeric capsules. I avoid sugar as much as possible and stick to a relatively healthy diet. I'm also gluten free have been for 4 years now. Anyways my extreme suffering has come to an end and has been this way for 8 months now! No more incisions to drain. No more tossing and turning in bed from being in so much pain. I can move my arms freely! I figured I'd share with everyone and hope this can work for you as well.
    Best of luck cheers!
  • Twinkleeeeeeeee80
    Twinkleeeeeeeee80 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Howdy guys, I recently went off birth control, and found out I have probably had PCOS since I was 12 years old. I totally understand the person who said they were scared to tell their mom for 9 years. I've had so many times when I thought I had an std over the years. So I just wanted to share what I do for relief. I suffered from very bad acne as a young adult as well, so I've tried a lot of things and took accutane. I have found that my skin responds well to benzoyl peroxide. The key is to find it without parabens because I am allergic to those. I only get one lump on my inner thigh that really bothers me. It has just appeared in the last 3 months or so. I use hibaclens and tea tree/vitamin E cream daily for preventative. When it starts hurting a little I use boilease which curbs the pain a bit. If you have trouble getting the bump to a head this helps too. Then when it comes to a head and starts really hurting I put Itchthemol ointment and a bandage on over night. This is amazing because it thins the skin and it will burst without painful and disturbing squeezing. Then clean again with hibaclens the next day and apply benzoyl peroxide cream and a bandage for a couple more days until all fluid drains out and bandage is clear. Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria. So I've actually stocked up and I've started using this as a preventative during ovulation and when my period is near. I think it has really helped and I hope this helps others.