Need help staying motivated

Options
I am probably the worst at staying motivated. I get in the right mindset but I just can't seem to actually get started. I have no one to really help me, my boyfriend tries but my self esteem gets in the way and I run away from his help. Is there anyone who can or wants to help me or has tips to stay motivated.

Replies

• dchevalier
    dchevalier Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want hope we can help each other!!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes.

Do you go to work when you don't feel like it?
    Do you brush your teeth every day?
    Do you pay your bills?

Taking care of yourself must be a part of your obligations. You need to do what is best for you whether you feel like it or not.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Motivation comes and goes.

Do you go to work when you don't feel like it?
    Do you brush your teeth every day?
    Do you pay your bills?

Taking care of yourself must be a part of your obligations. You need to do what is best for you whether you feel like it or not.
    Oh, this is really good!

• Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Promise yourself you'll stick with it for 30 days. Focus on the 30 days, not the distant future of how long it will take you to get to the end goal. See where you are at at the end of the end of the 30 days. Most likely the progress of those 30 days will be the motivation for the next month. Sometimes people look too far ahead at how long it will take to reach their goals and become unmotivated and overwhelmed. Don't give up. Make short term goals that are attainable and you'll stay motivated. Good luck!