Anyone else with PCOS?

Options
LillyAngelMarie
LillyAngelMarie Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! My name is Lilly and I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Would love some MFP friends who also have PCOS and would like some weightloss support x

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    hi Lily... altho I don't have PCOS just wanted to say welcome to the community and to let you know there are a number of groups here for PCOS peeps... if you go to groups and use the search field with PCOS you should find a bunch of them.. just in case it helps you find others :)
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Lily, I don't have PCOS but I do suffer from the side effects of Hypothyroidism. And I know that diseases like ours poses their obstacles.

Welcome and if you'd like, please add me.
  • cappernik92
    cappernik92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have pcos! (: I lost about 100 lbs after getting pregnant with #2, then got pregnant with #3 and got a little lazy and put on 20 lbs. I'm currently 190, trying to get down to 155
  • afort001
    afort001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have pcos so I know the struggle ! This is the most commited I have been to losing weight and I am just a week into it, but it is the first time I haven't cheated and have actually logged all my calories , am trying to eat healthy and clean and working out
  • LillyAngelMarie
    Options
    Snooozie wrote: »
    hi Lily... altho I don't have PCOS just wanted to say welcome to the community and to let you know there are a number of groups here for PCOS peeps... if you go to groups and use the search field with PCOS you should find a bunch of them.. just in case it helps you find others :)

Thank you so much! I hadn't even thought to check out the groups aha x
  • LillyAngelMarie
    Options
    x_xKarina wrote: »
    Hi Lily, I don't have PCOS but I do suffer from the side effects of Hypothyroidism. And I know that diseases like ours poses their obstacles.

Welcome and if you'd like, please add me.

Thank you so much for commenting, I've sent you a request! :smiley:

I swear for every step forward we end up taking 2 steps back sometimes. It sucks :frowning:
  • LillyAngelMarie
    Options
    I have pcos! (: I lost about 100 lbs after getting pregnant with #2, then got pregnant with #3 and got a little lazy and put on 20 lbs. I'm currently 190, trying to get down to 155

Whoa that's insane!! Congratulations :smiley:

I'm roughly 190lbs too! If I could get to 171lbs I'd be over the moon :smile: My husband and I have been ttc for 13 months now. I was diagnosed in March and since then I've been doing everything I can to lose weight and get my hormones right so we can conceive :smile:
  • LillyAngelMarie
    Options
    afort001 wrote: »
    I have pcos so I know the struggle ! This is the most commited I have been to losing weight and I am just a week into it, but it is the first time I haven't cheated and have actually logged all my calories , am trying to eat healthy and clean and working out

The struggle is real lol That's amazing news! I've fallen off the wagon a little bit but I'm keen to start up properly again ☺ I'm at that point where I haven't lost or put on weight but if I continue doing what I'm doing I'll start packing weight back on fast again lol
  • MissyCohen1
    MissyCohen1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. When I asked my doctor why I had it, she said "everyone gets it." When I asked why, her sage response was, "It's just the way it is." I have since studied up a lot on PCOS and prediabetes which, as it turns out, I also had, although no one had ever mentioned it. Now I coach people on how to reverse PCOS, Type II diabetes (yes, totally reversible) and prediabetes. I have slipped in my own health and have noticed some symptoms creeping back in. I am on fitness pal to start paying closer attention to my own health. If you want to know more about me, feel free to check out my website at www.newbeginningstohealth.com. I look forward to being part of this group!
  • ElfInaStar
    ElfInaStar Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yes I have this horrible condition which blows me up like an air balloon,Just eating the smallest amount of chocolate makes me the size of a puffer fish. What we women have to put up with eh? I'm currently doing rather well though and trying to manage it through exercise
  • 1337AMR
    1337AMR Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't have pcos but I saw a few people mentioned hypothyroidism, a disease which I also suffer from. I had my son 7 months ago and lost the initial 15lbs from
    Giving birth and haven't lost a single
    Pound since 2 weeks postpartum. I was the lucky person in the 7% to develop it after pregnancy. I'm currently 70lbs more than I weighed a little over 2 years ago and it has driven me into depression. Hoping we can all be there to inspire one another to overcome this obstacle! Feel free to add me as a friend of you want !
  • ohsosweet26
    ohsosweet26 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS! It's very hard to lose weight with this condition but it is doable! I started at 135lbs and now down to 124lbs. My ultimate goal is 110lbs so just a little bit more! I would love to be friends and be part of your journey to lose weight!
    I have PCOS. When I asked my doctor why I had it, she said "everyone gets it." When I asked why, her sage response was, "It's just the way it is." I have since studied up a lot on PCOS and prediabetes which, as it turns out, I also had, although no one had ever mentioned it. Now I coach people on how to reverse PCOS, Type II diabetes (yes, totally reversible) and prediabetes. I have slipped in my own health and have noticed some symptoms creeping back in. I am on fitness pal to start paying closer attention to my own health. If you want to know more about me, feel free to check out my website at www.newbeginningstohealth.com. I look forward to being part of this group!
    @MissyCohen1 my PCP said practically said the same thing too! It's so frustrating because she basically said "There's nothing that can be done" and left it at that when I talked to her about weight loss with PCOS so I took matters into my own hands and researched what foods to eat and which ones to avoid to prevent bloating and to help me lose weight!