Do you like what you do?

Options
I have seen many postings about "what do you do for a living" I'm curious to know how many people enjoy what they do for a living?

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I LOVE what I do, always have. I'm a massage therapist/ esthetician with extensive training in both (additional courses) and a licensed stylist

What's not to love about that job!!!!!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I like to teach science and carry out the plans in the classroom! But the paper work outside/at home can get beastly! Overall, YES!
  • depoisterdavid
    depoisterdavid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love what I do. I am the Housing Director of a University and get to work with young motivated college students to keep the dorms running smooth. Also, i have found my purpose for this life in ministry and work with a great group of teens who want to make a better world.
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    i loooooooooooooove what i do
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my job although it can be very stressful and overwhelming @ times. I am a CNA. I enjoy taking care of others. It's the feeling I get knowing that I can be there to help someone. However, I don't enjoy the "gotta have junk to survive the night" feeling. I continue to fall off the wagon by eating the tempting fattening foods @ my job.
  • whitbran
    whitbran Posts: 45
    Options

And, that would be me. ♥
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I work in sales.. and don't love it. Not sure what I want to be 'when I grow up' , lol but I better decide soon!
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    well I'm a lab technologist for a skin care company..............I enjoy 'creating', the numbers and minimal stress..........My boss was raised in a culture that believes women to be weak and worthless and sometimes shows this to his staff. It makes me crazy.........that would be the huge downside. The actual work I do, yes LOVE it...........
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I hate it.....
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Right now I am a cook and a delivery driver for a large pizza chain.

I can easily say that I do not at all enjoy it.
    I'm severely underpaid for amount of work I'm required to do, some of it resulting in physical pain or stress.
    I don't get enough hours any more because our business has gone to crap because our food is lack luster and overpriced and our services is slow because we don't have enough staff and apparently can't afford to hire more.
    I live in an area where people assume that the 2.50 delivery charge counts as a tip even after they've been told that the driver doesn't get that money so I often am wasting my gas because I'm not getting tipped.
    Our customers are generally irrate and unhappy, which I can't always blame them because of the previously mentioned issues.
    And my schedule in general just sucks.

This is why i'm working diligently on getting my fitness / nutrition certification. REAL career, here I come.
  • GrampsWooha
    Options

And, that would be me. ♥

now that is a true statement!
  • whitbran
    Options

And, that would be me. ♥

Kisses to My Boy!! ♥
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    100% LOVE what I do... i am a math teacher, and more recently i have started a career in mentoring & motivating in health/fitness.... and my teaching passion transfers very nicely!!!! :-) GREAT topic.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I enjoy what I do... coordinate sales, deliveries, and do admin work for Pepsi/Dr. Pepper. What's not to love about free drinks?! Of course I avoid all sodas and just drink Aquafina ;) I don't want this to be my career because the branch I'm working at has no room for advancement, but I'm satisfied for now! I wouldn't want to be job searching right now in this economy.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    100% LOVE what I do... i am a math teacher, and more recently i have started a career in mentoring & motivating in health/fitness.... and my teaching passion transfers very nicely!!!! :-) GREAT topic.

WOW!!! You look fantastic!!!!!! Completely unrelated to your post, but congrats!!! :)
  • GrampsWooha
    Options

And, that would be me. ♥

Kisses to My Boy!! ♥

more kisses please :)
  • whitbran
    Options

And, that would be me. ♥

Kisses to My Boy!! ♥

more kisses please :)

*tackles J and covers his whole body in kisses, concentrating on one certain spot* Better?? ♥
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Love my day job: outside tech. for Verizon (though I admit I hate the weather I have to work in). Love my part time job: Licensed Massage Therapist.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm an elementary teacher and adore it. It is the ONLY thing I ever wanted to do.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm a middle school math teacher. I love teaching math to kids. Some of my other duties are not so much fun... meetings, grading, and other work that must be done outside of the school day. The mandates made by people who know nothing about teaching or working with kids can sometimes add to the stress and the BS level, but I would never want a job where I only worked with grown ups.

Kids are funny and they are generally a pleasure to work with:-)