The hardest day...

Options
fireytiger
fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
edited August 2016 in Motivation and Support
Do any of you have one or two days of the week that always challenge you to stay on track? For me, it seems to always be Fridays and Saturdays, especially Saturdays. My work schedule right now is kinda wonky, I work Tuesday thru Thursday 8:30am to 5pm, and then Fridays and Saturdays I work 12:30pm to 9pm. By the time 5:00 rolls around on Fridays i'm almost completely alone in my department, i'm bored, and I want to snack. Saturdays are even worse; i'm completely alone and I have none of the hustle and bustle that keeps me busy all day. I have work to do and I do it, but i'm so bored I just want to stuff my face all day long. Then it's so late when I get off, that my gym on the way home is closed, and by the time dinner is made and whatnot, I don't want to back out to go to the other gym that's actually open.

Anyone else have a day of the week that's consistently challenging?

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Friday's for me
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Friday's are difficult for me just because often I find myself out at bars. I handle it by cutting an extra 100 calories every day during the week, so eating 1500 instead of 1600, so I have a couple more hundred calories to work with on Fridays. Many have success doing it this way because they aren't depriving themselves when the time comes.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    My hardest day is always TO-day. ;)
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Saturdays for sure. I struggle all day every single Saturday.
  • AriaLace
    AriaLace Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always struggle with the 2 days I'm off work, but in particularly Sunday's are the toughest! I always make a fry for breakfast (I grill everything) but even with that its nearly 800 calories of my day gone so I eat very little after that. I can't give up my weekly fry so I try make it later in the day, usually lunch time, so there's only one meal left for the day.

The rest of the week I find easy because I work so I have structure and don't feel the need to snack or eat more. On my days off I just want to eat rubbish!
  • ignaciorodriguez007
    Options
    fireytiger wrote: »
    Do any of you have one or two days of the week that always challenge you to stay on track? For me, it seems to always be Fridays and Saturdays, especially Saturdays. My work schedule right now is kinda wonky, I work Tuesday thru Thursday 8:30am to 5pm, and then Fridays and Saturdays I work 12:30pm to 9pm. By the time 5:00 rolls around on Fridays i'm almost completely alone in my department, i'm bored, and I want to snack. Saturdays are even worse; i'm completely alone and I have none of the hustle and bustle that keeps me busy all day. I have work to do and I do it, but i'm so bored I just want to stuff my face all day long. Then it's so late when I get off, that my gym on the way home is closed, and by the time dinner is made and whatnot, I don't want to back out to go to the other gym that's actually open.

fireytiger wrote: »

• ignaciorodriguez007
    Options
    Friday & Saturday for me
  • MishaWest79
    MishaWest79 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Any unplanned day is challenging, also hormonal days are my worst!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Saturdays and Sundays because it's when all the fun things happen :smiley:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I don't really have one, because all of my days tend to be exactly the same. If it's a lifting "rest" day for me, I slap on the weighted vest and go for a couple hour walk, or hit some ab wheel or other weighted core work.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    This is why I weigh on Thursday mornings on an empty stomach, so if I indulge over the weekend I have M-R morning to make it right.

Have your fitness success tools handy when you're alone:
    Water - gallons!
    Fresh, whole fruit
    Fresh veggies
    Measured & bagged crunchies (raw nuts, seeds, crackers)
    Water
    Water &
    Water!

Since you're alone at work, set up your own light training - 25 jumping jacks at the top of the hour; 50 high kicks at the bottom of the hour, etc.

Don't give up!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays. I work 4:30 am (get up at 2:30am) to 4 pm. It's my busiest working day of the week so I'm only allowed snacks, not an actual lunch hour. So I end up eating nutritious snacks but never really a meal. My commute home is 90 minutes and I need to get back into bed by 6:30 to get my 8 hours. I also am way too beat to eat a decent meal by the evening on Wednesday (the sleep is too important to me) so I'm usually sluggish on Thursday's from lack of calories. The best thing I can do is eat a huge sandwich in the car on the way home. I ideally would eat chicken and veggies and rice or something but I've found that's impossible to do while driving