All you 5'8" ladies

Options

Replies

• beautifulcold
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (5'9 when very stretched out/not slouching, but a solid 5'8) with a very small frame (the whole finger around wrist thing? they overlap past the knuckle.)

I'm at 150 at the moment, running daily, and am quite flabby. My current goal is to lose about 25lbs, although I may go for more/less depending on how I look/feel. I really want to be fit looking, more than the number.
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and currently 162. I started out at 186, and my goal is 150-145. I'm still kinda flabby and I've got a belly. I was 145lbs before I got pregnant 4 years ago, I am going to get back to that weight.
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and I am currently 166lbs my goal is 155lbs. I have a medium - large frame. I started at 196lbs and I was in a size 14. Right now I am between a size 8-10. I hope when I get down to 155lbs I will be a comfortable size 8.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    5'7.5" girl barging in here on your 5'8" party!

I started MFP at 175 pounds (size 14 US) and am pear shaped with a medium sized frame. I currently weigh 154 (size 10) and my goal weight is 145. This will probably put me at a size 8 pants, however I am not hung up on a size number since they vary wildly by brand.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    5'8, gained 10 lbs in 2009 (8 alone we're on my honeymoon, yup that's 5000 cals a day, dam cruise, lol!) and would like to lose at least 5 of it but I've been here for a year and bob along losing 3 then gaining 3. It's hard for those who have healthy BMI's but I'm working on eating more daily.

PW: 132
    CW: 142
    GW: 135
    Small frame.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and about 138 right now. I've been fluctuating between 142-138 for months. I too was at my lowest last summer, at 127. I loved it. I wore whatever I wanted and didn't feel insecure about my body for the first time in my life. I had time to think about other things, talk about freedom. I would like to be 127-125. I have a short term goal to get to 132 I feel good at this weight, I am neither too skinny or chubby. I want to feel thin though and 127-125 is where I feel the healthiest and happiest.

*** LIKE ***
  • katyabilyk
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm 5'8" and currently 128 lbs. Want to get down to 120 lbs to start with and then see where I go from there :) Add me :)
  • amcgowan10
    amcgowan10 Posts: 17
    Options
    5'8" here too! I'm at 163.5 now and at my lowest in my adult life I was 135lbs. I'm pretty small framed but I'm figI don't want to get that low, as some have said previously, I look anorexic at that weight. 145lbs is my current goal but if I get to a point where the rest of me stops moving when I do and I don't giggle when I wiggle, I'll be thrilled.

My main motivation is to get in shape and into a good routine before we get pregnant. We're trying at the moment so it's important that I develop these good habits now!

Nice to meet everyone.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 with a medium frame. I carry all my excess weight in my tummy, hips, thighs and butt, so I guess I'm pear-shaped.
    I started at 160 and my goal is 140. Currently I'm at 153 and a snug size 8. When I reach 140, I think I'll push to get to 135 and then happily fluctuate from 135-140. My main goal is to get back into my size six jeans and be toned!
  • PersianFlower
    PersianFlower Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is my old healthy weight of 170.I have a large frame so even when I was 225 people thought I was no more than 180. Anything under 170 I looked sick, though a lot of it had to due with muscle mass.

That was when I was 19, I'm 25 now so I may not have the "build" anymore once I hit 170 :) We will see!
  • WishfulShrinking21
    WishfulShrinking21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft8' & weigh 226lbs. I wear a size 16.

My goal is 163lbs when I was last at that weight I wore a size 12/14 jeans & 8/10 tops. 10 dresses!

I am very bottom heavy, big thighs & bum with quite a small waist.
  • Madrow
    Madrow Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi, thanks for starting this discussion! I have been dying to ask the very same question!
    I'm 5'8" and aiming for a goal of 140 lbs. When I was 20 years old, I had mono and went from 175 lbs to 145 lbs in 3 weeks (effective weight loss but not at all recommended :sick: lol). At my recovery checkup, my doctor said my weight was ideal but I needed to convert 10 lbs of it to lean muscle since being sick took away a good amount of what muscle I had to begin with. She advised me not to drop below 135 lbs because I do have a "mediumish" build though the bmi charts say a 5'8" woman can be 129 safely (her words to describe my curvy-yet-thinner frame -- my hips and shoulders are medium guidelines but ankles and wrists meet small guidelines:ohwell: ). This way, I have a satisfactory weight for me to reach, give or take 5 lbs.
    In high school, I averaged 170-175 lbs, and I never tried to lose but never seemed to gain, although I was a little overweight. I'm now 30 and have yo-yoed my weight from having 2 pregnancies. My heaviest was 236 lbs after my first delivery and when I got down to 160, I got pregnant again but only went up to 220 after delivery. I was down to 170 after that at one point but have since climbed up to 202, my current wieght.
    I hope this helps someone gain perspective, but I feel better already from reading the other posts and sharing my weight history.:smile:
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good goals!!! Im 5'8" too and weigh about 138 right now! My goal is 120 so I feel healthier and better about myself! Im pare shaped and carry most of my wieight below the waste....
    Best of luck to ya!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • chiyuu
    chiyuu Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (5'9 when very stretched out/not slouching, but a solid 5'8) with a very small frame (the whole finger around wrist thing? they overlap past the knuckle.)

I'm at 150 at the moment, running daily, and am quite flabby. My current goal is to lose about 25lbs, although I may go for more/less depending on how I look/feel. I really want to be fit looking, more than the number.

I too have the fingers overlapping my wrist and I always thought, because of this that I have a small frame... Most people around me say I have a medium/large frame though. "You have big bones". What? My fingers overlap but I have big bones?! Maybe it's just because I have weight to lose and they mix things up.

I'm currently at 154lbs and I want to weigh 130lbs.

But I once weighed 120lbs and at another time of my life I weighed 175lbs.

And yes, I'm 5'8" :)
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    5.8.5 here...slowly shrinking with age, and I just turned 29 so I'm sure I'll be losing more! *sigh!* :laugh:

Currently hovering between 154-157. Started MFP at about 174 after 2 kiddos. I thought 150 would be my number but as I get closer to that I realize I still have room to lose some more and/or add some muscle. I'd like to see 145 on the scale but if I could lose some thigh and some post-baby belly and the number on the scale didn't move, I'd be fine with that!! :drinker:
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair under 5'9" . My current weight is 160. After my pregnancies I usually weigh 175ish. My lowest weight was after having baby #4. I was 138. I would LOVE to see the 120's even if it was 129. I'm small frame. I'm like alot of you. It's not so much the # as how I feel and look. I want to be lean. I'd like to be a size 6 or smaller. I'm not expecting to get to the weight I want until after BFing. I've never been able to lose weight while BFing. But hoping by eating right and exercising now that it'll pay off when I quit.
  • Mappel2
    Mappel2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" and am hovering around 145. Currently, my goal is to get down to 135, but ultimately, 130 sounds very pleasing as well. I have a relatively small bone structure, so I honestly think my body would be okay a bit lower than 130, but I am not going to push it. I love being tall. :)
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8" and my first goal is 160, which is pre children weight. Then my stretch goal is 140, but as I get down there I will see what I feel comfortable at. Under 150 is ideal.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It's awesome to see so many of us on here! Thanks for sharing ladies!

And I, too, overlap quite a bit with the finger-around-the-wrist test. I get really, really close to reaching that first knuckle.

Good luck everyone with achieving your goals! We rock ;)