Quick Low Carb GREEN smoothie /Juice recipes please. Your Favourites?

Options
bettermybody
bettermybody Posts: 1 Member
Do you have any simple smoothie or juice ideas that are low carb? No added sugar or fruit juice bases please.
What's your favourite?

Replies

• purogringo
    purogringo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's mine.....
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 bottle of Premier Protein shake. Choco or Strawberry & Cream.
    2 tbsp of Peanut Butter Powder
    Some cinnamon
    2 cups of spinash. I'll mix it up and do either celery, cucumber, avocado, kale or somr combo of those.
    1-1.5 cups ice
    1/2-1 cup of almond milk

Yummy!!

You could also add chia seeds, flax seed. But those have a bit more carbs in them.
  • Kenshi7
    Kenshi7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using a ninja for this one: cucumber, lemon, carrots, celery, banana, and then sometimes I mix it up with spinach or green apples. Add a couple cups of water. Some of the ingredients are for antibloating and I find the fiber helps keep me full longer
  • slimcharm20
    slimcharm20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a juicer.. looking for some recipes that use fresh vegs and fruit for sweetness. @Kenshi7 yours sounds good!

Thinking greens, carrots, beets, celery, cucumber, banana... pineapple???
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a juicer.. looking for some recipes that use fresh vegs and fruit for sweetness. @Kenshi7 yours sounds good!

Thinking greens, carrots, beets, celery, cucumber, banana... pineapple???

That wouldn't be low carb.

No juice with a reasonable number of calories would be low carb, since the calories are going to be mostly carbs.

For smoothies, depends on what's in there -- the more fruits or dairy or things with sugar, the more carbs, especially higher sugar fruits like pineapple and banana or something like beet (which I love).

The more the smoothie contains sources of protein and fat or vegetables vs. fruit, the lower carb it will be overall, although once you juice it even the veg are largely contributing sugar.

Personally, I don't think this is bad, since I don't worry about carbs -- I just make sure my smoothies have a good amount of veg and some protein since I consider both of those an important part of breakfast -- but if someone is looking for a low carb smoothie the answer is mostly veg, sources of fat like seeds or nuts or nut butter or a cream, and protein (like a protein powder).

Since I don't worry about carbs I use a mix of fruit and veg -- this morning melon, peach, cucumber, kale, and basil, plus some coconut milk drink and vega protein powder. I'm still experimenting and tend to use what I have on hand (typically what's currently in season where I live).
  • slimcharm20
    slimcharm20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @lemurcat12 I'm not thinking much about cals/carbs/ or proteins quite yet. I am just guessing what would taste good to me with vegs and fruits combinations. This is gonna be a new experience, I am looking forward to. Thank you for your suggestions.. it sounds like your mixes change with the seasons and I never thought of coconut milk!