Need some advice

Options
I have been on my weight-loss journey for a while and have successfully lost 40ibs. Four months and a half months ago I was in a car accident and had several injuries a lacerated spleen, 3 broken ribs, my ankle was also broken in two places. I had to have surgery on my ankle, I was in the hospital for almost 2 months then had to do physical therapy. 4 months later I am back to work and on road to recovery. At this stage tho I have a pretty bad limp and still have some pain in my whole foot. I really want to start exercising again but I don't want to re injure myself. Can u guys suggest any light work outs I can try just to keep myself going?

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Spark people has a seated cardio routine you can look up
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of seated routines on YouTube. Also think about swimming or Aqua fit.
    I would clear any exercise with your doc and physio first.

Cheers, h.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think it would be best to ask your doc...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    swimming and water aerobics
  • GroundedOne2019
    GroundedOne2019 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your accident. You were doing so well that very unfortunate but you sound like you are not giving up!! I love the determination you have!
    Have you tried swimming or deep water aerobics to keep off your joints that were injured. I have an broken foot & a bad knee at one time but I swam with it! Swimming is a great muscle toner & calorie burner & it's so easy on your joints.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    YOur physio should be able to set up a program for you. Glad you are healing well.
  • chocolatekiss1980
    chocolatekiss1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!!