Misfit Users? Anyone? Bueller?

Options
I've just started using the Misfit Shine activity tracker and would love to find friends to add to that app (and here!) I had a Fitbit but (a) forgot to charge it all the dang time, and (b) found it bulky and not suited to wearing with work clothes. So when I lost it, I went with Misfit. No charging, waterproof and it looks beautiful!

I didn't realize I was putting myself in No Man's Land, though... If you use Misfit, I'd love to add you there, so I have motivation to get my activity points up. (Misfit calories don't sync to MFP very well, so I'm using two apps.)

No matter what, I'd love to have more friends on MFP to keep me motivated!

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Misfit Shine yesterday. I currently have a Fitbit but I wanted something that could track swimming. I'll let you know when I'm an official Misfit user :)
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I had 2 Misfit Flashes. Complete and utter garbage. I went through 3 of them in less than a month. They did not have a customer service phone number, everything must be done through e-mail and that takes 24-48 hours in between exchanges. And they will not offer to give your money back to you regardless of how many times to exchange it.

Now I know Misfit was just bought by Fossil , and hopefully things changed on the hardware side, and customer service side, and things got much better.

I'll be honest I liked the Points system better because it gives you a more rounded vantage point of your activity level through the day.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I use a misfit shine. my goal is 1000 points. Got it yesterday. It is a bit of a stretch for me. I don't hit it every day but hey one day I hit 4900 points-I was on an organized walk and it was 31k long.

I don't do friend on misfit but do on MFP. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • D34thM41d3n
    D34thM41d3n Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Flash and I love it. It's so much more comfortable than my FitBit. I don't have any trouble sleeping in it and, so far, just glancing down at the bright color makes me want to move. My goal right now is nice and low (600) since I'm just starting out. I'd love to find some more friends to make it more fun though.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I got my Shine last week. Feel free to add me here and on Misfit. I'm rachel801 on Misfit.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    How do you add friends? I just dug my flash out because I lost my Fitbit one (again). Is there a forum group or anything.