Thighs

Options
Is anyone able to help me with the best way to lose thigh fat, and toning! Cheers

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat zones.

You can target zones to tone muscle. Lunges, Squats, Stair Climbs will all help tone it.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    ^^ Squats, Dead lifts, Lunges, Hip Thrusts, Glute bridges, Hip Adductor and Abductor machines, cycling, etc. Those will all help tone, but you will have to lose fat overall. And if you are a true pear, it may never completely go, even at very low levels of BF. But you can definitely build up the muscles under neat and make it look much better.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Is anyone able to help me with the best way to lose thigh fat, and toning! Cheers

The best way to lose fat is a calorie deficit.

Toning? Do you mean looking leaner? Try a calorie deficit.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course it's about losing weight first and foremost but the exercises mentioned by @mom23mangos are all very helpful, as is the comment about genetics. It is possible to make improvements though so focus on your body as a whole and getting healthier. Take your measurements along with weighing yourself on the scale. You will see changes if you are consistent and patient.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

The best way to lose fat is a calorie deficit.

Toning? Do you mean looking leaner? Try a calorie deficit.

^--this. What is this thing about toning? That word is a red herring. If you mean definition, that's achieved by fat loss and your body will decide where that fat is going to come from if you eating in a caloric deficit. Thighs tend to be one of the areas that women hold onto excess fat the most. Your body and genetics will determine when that will come off. In the meantime, you can do plenty of exercises to strengthen and build the underlying muscle so that when the fat does come off, they look shapely because you've built up the muscle in that area. Progressive weightlifting utilizing the above mentioned exercises and a calorie controlled diet will get you the results I think you're looking for. It may take a while but consistency and intensity are the key.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Try recomp (losing fat while gaining muscle, mainly through resistance training although it's a very slow process). It's how I ended up getting a lean body composition. I originally lost a lot of weight by only reducing calories with no exercise nor maintenance/deficit/surplus cycling. Ended up underweight and skinny-fat. Recomp fixed that.