Is there any Nerd Fitness people here?

Options
Hey, Back on the horse again and I am wanting to see if there is anyone who has joined the Nerd Fitness Academy. I started a year ago, but slowly I quit. I started over again a few weeks a go and decided to see if anyone here doing this. Your replies will be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• scienceteachnerd
    scienceteachnerd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband and I have been using it for almost three months and I am thrilled with the results! So far we only do the body weight workouts and are on level 3, but my strength has increased so much and my body shape has completely changed. I've only lost 18 pounds and still have about 50 to go, but I look like I've lost much more because of how my shape has changed. Recently they've changed a lot of the quests and I really like the new format.
  • estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What is this Nerd Academy?
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I would love to learn more about it: I found it online a few months ago, but found it confusing more than anything!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You just made me look it up and I'm definitely interested. Seems like they're gamifying weight loss, which could be a huge help if you're a gamer (like me!). Definitely looks fun and could be really useful!! It apparently costs $179 - can anyone confirm (or not) that it's worth it?
  • amanda000002014
    amanda000002014 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am so late on my reply. Nerd fitness academy teaches you how to eat, exercise and live a pretty decent life by taking one step at a time or however many steps you want to take to lose weight and create a healthier life style. https://www.nerdfitness.com/ All I can say is I have lost 8lbs since May 19th just by making little changes in my diet and physical activity. Go on the website and check it out. I did the free stuff for a short time and then decided to sign up for the academy; there is a one time payment but I don't remember what it cost me because I signed up last . When I clicked the I'm in button I received an iBook and the emails I receive are very informative. Give it a try, I wish I would have stuck to it last year because I would be where I want to be today, I just know it! :)
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just joined this past weekend, and it's so exciting! It looks like I finally found something that's going to keep me motivated. It's $149 if you pay in one lump some. Otherwise it's 3 installments of $59. I figure I've spent WAY more than that on diets and gym memberships and such throughout my life, so I was willing to give it a go.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread caught my attention - so I'm going to check out the free portion.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,972 Member
    Options
    I believe @middlehaitch did Nerd Fitness.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001 I have done just the bodyweight for beginners, never joined or paid for anything.

I recommend the bodyweight all the time as I found it a great way to build some basic strength especially as I was older and not ready to lift- aka weak as a kitten.
    It is still my travel, can't get to the gym, work out.
    I started with modified moves and just one set and worked on it until I could complete the programme (subbed step-ups for jumping jacks), then started getting adventurous with it. I'm kind of addicted to plank variations now.

For a while I coupled it with the HasFit beginner lifting routine (hand weights) Also good for someone coming from nowhere as it is simple and effective, or for travelling.

Cheers, h.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    NF, is a great resource. I used to be on the forums all the time a few years ago but kind of faded off. I should go back now that it's more popular and gets more traffic
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started doing the bodyweight for beginners this morning. Can't do it 100% correctly, but it's a place to start. I just love all the quests and ideas offered in the program. I'm a gamer so it just fits right in with my worldview. Loving it so far.
  • OldHound
    OldHound Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started it about a year ago, but family issues got me off-track.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    NERDS