Zumba for Wii

Options
So I bought Zumba for the wii and decided to try it today.. I only lasted about 18mins. I had to stop because I felt like I was going to throw up?!?! Is there something seriously wrong with me?
I was on the beginners setting too...

Replies

• Carebr93
    Carebr93 Posts: 5
    Options
    WAIT WAIT... They have a ZUMBA for the wii?
    I'm going to get it at lunch if i can find it. I LOVE ZUMBA!

Try smaller movements to start off. The larger the movements the more calories you burn but if you body isn't used to it..too much at once can make ya queezy
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you just doing the 20 minute beginners level? I am only doing that right now, 45 minutes is kind of extreme lol. I havnt felt like throwing up but I have tired out. MAybe yo need to pace yourself.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    They sell it at walmart... of if you can wait they got it cheaper on amazon.com No there is nothing wrong with you... you are trying something new that your body isnt use to. :o)
  • BikiniBMI
    BikiniBMI Posts: 7
    Options
    no , there's nothing wrong with you! I was the exact same when i started the game , it really works the legs but it gets your cardio way up and also your fitness. When i first started i couldnt even do the full 20 minutes beginner without a break , now i do the 45 minutes intermediate! I'd like to do expert soon but gosh that would be pushing it !! :laugh:

It'll get better!! xxx
  • ashleighloses
    Options
    Yea, there's nothing wrong with you. It takes a lot more than what you'd think. Play it a while and you'll get used to it.
  • jennymesser
    Options
    I have this game also, it was tough for me in the beginning but I started off slowly and it got better!! It will get easier in time!
  • LdyDva31
    LdyDva31 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes they have i for the wii....I love it!!! I did that last night. It is so much fun. It starts from beginner classes on up. Has a section where it goes over all of the moves. :smile:
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just wait until tomorrow LOL! I can't really do it correctly but I figure as long as I'm movin... and the great thing about doing stuff like this on Wii is that it doesnt feel like a work out it feels like play time!
  • BrieGoorts
    BrieGoorts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yea I just started with the 20 min beginner haha, ok so now that I know theres nothing wrong with me, I'll keep at it, but at maybe a lesser pace, and stop when I need to.. it is fun haha.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Might not be the exercise but the graphics in the game. I have it and there is a LOT of motion and graphics and some people are more sensitive to vertigo from screens than others are.
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the Zumba for Wii, but I have been doing the Golds Gym Dance workout. That one kicks my butt all the time!! I've been using it for about a month and just today started w/ some of the advance levels. I can tell I wasn't quite ready for a few of those advance ones. Good burn though, so it was worth it.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    did you start of with the tutorials? you really need to know how to do the moves 1st and then do the classes and the zumba party. If you dont learn first you are scurrying around trying to catch up and figure out what she is doing, and that will wear you out quicker
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've done Zumba from an instructor but don't feel like paying for the classes, and it's a 30 minute drive one-way on top of that. I am really interested in getting this game, but I have a couple questions? Do you have and use the belt? Does it make a difference if you don't get the belt? Thanks in advace for answers! Good luck with the game and I hope it gets better for ya! :wink:
  • LdyDva31
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with you. Try not to work out on a totally empty stomach or right after a meal, wait at least 45 mins before working out.
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello! Zumba works your core. Make sure you warm up/cool down during your workouts. It does take some getting used to. I do not have Zumba for Wii but I am a former instructor (sadly I had to stop instructing because I didn't have time to practice. Also work full time and have 2 kids). It is a great exercise and you can burn alot of calories if you can alter your movements to include more fitness. I was very lucky to have an instructor locally who incorporated alot of fitness variations into her routines. Makes it more of a workout - helps with toning as well.

I have a Wii too and was thinking trying Zumba... I'd love to add some new routines!

Stay with it! It gets better!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba Wii. I'm still at low impact..I stop jumping, but still do all the arm movvements. I can't make it at their pace yet. That's my challenge..... I will eventually be able to keep up!!

Sometimes I use the belt, sometimes I don't. All it does is rate how good you are doing, per their terms. I judge it on my terms, and therefore don't need the belt, but still use it.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I do most of my exercise with Wii - I do Wii Fit Plus, Gold's Gym Dance Workout, and Zumba for Wii. If you are looking to buy Zumba for Wii- I watched the ads and got it when it was on sale at Toys R Us - usually it's cheaper on Amazon, but that time it was not. For starting out with the Zumba, it's easier to follow if you have done a Zumba class. It is definitely tiring - maybe try working on the tutorials first, and see how you feel. Just do what you can to start - good luck! Hope you enjoy it!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba for Wii, and I LOVE IT. In reading the manual that comes with it - it does state that some of the visuals of watching the screen can make you sick aka vomit. Maybe that might be the issue? My friend and I were talking about getting the Golds Gym Dance workout. How is that one?
  • LdyDva31
    Options
    How is the Gold's Gym Dance workout?
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bought it tonight and I LOVE IT!!! I was sweating before I even got through all of the tutorials for the moves! Then did the workout too and it kicked my butt!! Can't wait to do more!!! :))))))))