New to this site

Options
aimes3747
aimes3747 Posts: 11 Member
Hello!

I'm new to My Fitness Pal but I'm not new to the weight loss. I feel like I've been playing the weight game all my life. I've tried so many diets, pills and of course "life style changes". I have found that the only way to really keep myself in check is to record everything....and I mean everything.... I eat; this includes the sugar, I mean candy, that I absolutely love to eat!!

My dad recently found out that he is diabetic and since so far I'm following in his footsteps with the few other health concerns, I figured I need to get a better handle on the sugar issue now before I'm 40.

That's all for now.

Thanks to those who read.

Aimes

Replies

• bzmommie
    bzmommie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This will be a great way to start. I only joined July 2nd and it is amazing to see what everything has in it from calories to sugar to carbs. I want to loose weight becuase I have Kidney Problems that run in my family. Weight is also a big issue in my family on my dads side. And my Grandpa had diabeties and I think one of my Aunts also has it.
    Welcome
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow your just like me and many others. I joined this group June 17 and so far it has been very good for me. Of course like you I have been successful several times in the past ...but here I am! I love the accountability of this site. I've learned that everything you put into your mouth counts. People often say "I really don't eat that much" but they arent thinking about all the little bites of this and that throughout the day.
    I LOVE CANDY of all kinds. If I can't make homemade stuff I'll buy candy bars when I'm out and make sure I have a supply to run to. ( you know kind of like an alcoholic). I have 4 precious grandchildren so I have lots of good excuses to bake goodies!
    My A1c is 5.9%. And am possibly looking at diabetes. I really don't want that.
    Anyway .... Welcome. Let's encourage each other.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Lots of us are in the same boat. My dad is also a diabetic so I really have to keep my carb cravings in check!!

You'll find lots of support on here :bigsmile:
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    welcome good luck!

this is an amazing site for motivation!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome, glad you are here, just keep coming back everyday and you will do just fine.
  • edlene7163
    Options
    Hola! Here to reach my goal for optimum health condition! With a kidney transplant, 30 yrs diabetic and close to 50 yrs old, I want to be happy, eat healthy and look terrific.:happy:
  • aimes3747
    aimes3747 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement!
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend on MFP for support/encouragement. I joined due to health reasons: type II diabetes, high blood pressure, and my cholesterol isn't the greatest-my hdl good cholesterol is to low. I've only lost 8#s since joining, but losing inches which is good too. Anybody reading this needing more support, please feel free to add me. Have a great afternoon/evening. :flowerforyou:
  • deonmario
    deonmario Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome, good luck. this is a cool site