Trying the ketogenic way

Options
A few years back I lost 44 lbs on the Dukan Diet. Keto looks like it has better science behind it and may actually be easier. So giving that a go. I walk 2 miles a day 4 to 5 days a week for the past 4 months. Walking alone only kept me from gaining. So here I am at 57 years old trying to stay alive for my family. I married at 40 and my youngest is 7. I started 3 weeks ago at 263 lbs. I'm 256.4 as of 9-7-16. Slipped one day at a friend's wedding and it took 3 days to undue that damage. Mostly drinks. Not much food there thankfully. I'll have some ketostix to check if I'm on the right track, tomorrow. I thought to myself, if you could buy anything you want, Tesla, new ham radio, new telescope, anything, what would make you happy. The answer hit me like a ton of (fat) bricks. To be thin. I dream about being thin and I feel happy then. And equal to others. People don't really treat you nicely when your fat. Let's see how this journey goes. I've failed soooo many times already. YouTube videos are an enormous source of encouragement and inspiration. Good luck to you all!

Replies