Herbalife

Options
Hi anyone having issues with Herbalife tea and aloe? I've gotten sick 15 min after drinking it. What could it be. The shake I like but feel bloated afterwards?? Help

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I always wonder why you don't see it sold In chemists/supermarkets
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I would stop drinking it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    xangel1978 wrote: »
    Hi anyone having issues with Herbalife tea and aloe? I've gotten sick 15 min after drinking it. What could it be. The shake I like but feel bloated afterwards?? Help

It would be beneficial to stop drinking it then. And just start eating food.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I read last night that they reached a settlement with the courts about their business practices. If I remember correctly it was a rather sizable settlement. That being said, if the product doesn't agree with you, why would you continue to use it?
  • nikkitimkitembo89
    nikkitimkitembo89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't known anyone to ever have long term success with herbalife and I think I read somewhere that it's not so healthy and full of sugar but yeah most people I have known lose weight rapidly for 1 month can't live withjust drinking shakes and then gain all the weight back plus some my aunts done it and tons of women at my work were doing it and even the chick selling they are all still overweight I think you would have better success with clean eating but that's just my opinion because in my experience pills, shakes, crash & Fad diets just don't work you need a life style change to truly be successful at least it rings true for myself I've done diet pills, shakes, not eating carbs etc. And even though the weight plummeted it came right back doubled until I got to be where I was at my heaviest
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A lot of girls in my area that I used to go to school with are taking it and selling it and none of them lost weight except for the girl who got them all to start selling under her because surprise surprise she was vegan, working out constantly, and super skinny the entire time.

Also, they're all broke except her.
  • HisQueen26
    HisQueen26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The only issue I have with Herbalife is how people blow money on their products hoping they will help them lose weight and they get nowhere with it, when they could have been using a cell phone app for free and gone from "morbidly obese" to "overweight" in about a year and a half.

Yha but either way you are spending money on food.. so how is it free?
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    The folks who sell that kind of magic drinks are interested in one thing. How much of your money can I make mine?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    HisQueen26 wrote: »
    The only issue I have with Herbalife is how people blow money on their products hoping they will help them lose weight and they get nowhere with it, when they could have been using a cell phone app for free and gone from "morbidly obese" to "overweight" in about a year and a half.

I buy food that I've always eaten. And no, I don't eat primarily junk food. Agreed with @PaulaWallaDingDong

Successful weight loss is about eating in a way that one can sustain for life. Herbalife is temporary... and far more expensive than the food, vitamins and protein powder I consume.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Um you were spending money on food anyway. That's how you got heavy ("you" in the general sense. Not calling anyone heavy). It's also how you don't starve to death. Spending money on food is a normal part of life (can't believe I'm having to say this). Herbalife is not.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I buy food that I've always eaten. And no, I don't eat primarily junk food. Agreed with @PaulaWallaDingDong

Successful weight loss is about eating in a way that one can sustain for life. Herbalife is temporary... and far more expensive than the food, vitamins and protein powder I consume.

Besides that, when I just buy food I don't get pestered to death by pushy MLM salespeople trying to make me part of their downline.

This, absolutely.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    xangel1978 wrote: »
    Companies like this use 3rd party manufacturers to make their products. And 3rd party manufacturers will use the least expensive raw materials to profit higher. So lots of raw materials come from countries that DON'T regulate. One is China. So the actual raw product to be processed may likely be CONTAMINATED with ingredients you have no idea exists within the raw materials. Supplements aren't regulated by the FDA (even says so on the labels) and don't need to pass stringent acceptance for quality control. That's why a lot of athletes CAN FAIL a drug test due to contaminants being found in whatever supplement they took.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    Options

At least with food, your money is well spent...considering you are eating accordingly to your goals and moving more.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

The WAY to lose weight is free. And the money spend on nutrition is on actual food, not some processed drink that doesn't even measure up to the nutritional values you can get from actual food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png