Breakfast ideas?

Options
donnalewan00
donnalewan00 Posts: 1 Member
I make smoothies....
Eggs. ..omelets..
Any twists on breakfast would be great!
I'm watching calories and husband just wants/needs healthy...
<3 thanks

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    some people swear by steal cut oatmeal

certain cereals can be OK if you stick to the portions

fruit is always good; I find bananas particularly convenient

my go to is a container of Greek yogurt

Sometimes I will have a granola bar if I'm stuck dashboard dining
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats is a good choice (or even old fashioned style rolled), Steel cut take time to cook (unless you get the 3-5 minute kind which I don't recommend) . The carb to protein ratio is considerably far apart. Unless you up your protein later in your days meal planning I would suggest taking a hybrid approach from the above poster.

I stir in either a good quality protein powder or better yet a flavored greek yogurt (oikos triple 0 is my go too) to even the playing field some from a macro standpoint. Using the flavored yogurts eliminates the need for any sweetener and makes the oatmeal more "interesting" IMO.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I often have steel cut oats with greek yogurt and fruit (usually bananas, peaches and strawberries). I mix it up at night and leave it in the fridge over night. Soooooo good!
  • pswamom
    pswamom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to loose weight. I've lost almost 23lbs of my 30 goal but it has taken 4 mo's. I know I am supposed to be eating more protein than I am but it is just so hard for me to get it in other than the protein bars or protein shakes which I do love. I love the Stonyfield organic smooth and creamy low-fat French vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit. Is this a bad choice? I usually eat it about 4 times a week for breakfast. The other days is generally a chocolate protein shake with peanut butter and half a banana. My skin is saggy and I haven't lost in inches. What am I doing wrong?
  • kellyboyd1
    kellyboyd1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a 1/2 piece of toasted sourdough bread (no butter) 1/2 of avocado and an egg on top. Add Siracha for some spice.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I toast or oven bake two sopes (see pic) and then put two eggs inside of it and salsa (preferably homemade with chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and spices). Under 4
    00 calories. Half that if you only make one. tgctqwldff0u.jpg

• mariesilva726
    mariesilva726 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled egg whites with bell peppers 2 turkey sauge links 1/2 of toast and small fruit with water
  • kwil74
    kwil74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Huevos rancheros and refried beans with or without a wheat tortilla..very filling Ranchero sauce: 1 16oz can of the good brand diced tomatoes with tom sauce half a bell pepper diced onion diced jal seeded and diced 1 clove of garlic chopped simmer until veggies are tender about 20 minutes or longer for better flavor I added a touch of olive oil and a cup of chicken stock for more flavor salt and pepper to taste and yum..I divided into several small freezer bags to pull out when needed..Really yummy over poached or fried eggs..Also I found that smoked paprika give the beans flavor without the fats ( I usually put ham hock or bacon )but the smoky paprika is amazing in the beans giving a smoked meat flavor..I think anyway The sauce is versatile..Steak ranchero is one of my favs.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    2 toast w/ 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a banana, 1 cup of 1% milk to drink.
  • Murano243
    Murano243 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Whatever you were going to make for dinner or lunch, have that. It doesnt matter what and when you eat. Food is food. This morning I am having grilled chicken thigh with roasted veggies and arugula for breakfast.
    I'm the same way as you. In the morning I'm having a 4oz NY Strip (left over from super tonight),baked sweet potato with all the stuff, and a orange juice. Lunch will be a Super Whey Protein shake chocolate (60 gr)w/choc.milk 10 oz. I stay around 187-190. I work out in my gym 3-4 times a day x5 dys. Retired MARINE 30 yrs.
    69 yrs. whatever you want to call it. B)>:)
  • tcay584
    tcay584 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Whatever you were going to make for dinner or lunch, have that. It doesnt matter what and when you eat. Food is food. This morning I am having grilled chicken thigh with roasted veggies and arugula for breakfast.

I'm the same way. Not a huge fan of bacon and eggs. A nice chowder full of chunks of fish and veggies? Now that I can wake up to!
  • abyloz82
    abyloz82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zucchini & mushrooms omlet!!! & wheat toast bread on side :p
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Here lately I have two go that I go between.

Overnight oats in a mason jar

1/2 cup oats
    3 oz yogurt
    1/2 cup unsweet almond milk
    2 tbsp. chia seeds
    1/3 cup frozen fruit
    1 tbsp. honey
    1/3 cup granola

The night before add the first 4 to a mason jar and mix well, then add the frozen fruit. Put the lid on and put in the fridge. The morning of, take the jar out of the fridge and take to my office. Stir well then add my granola and nom nom nom. (I have a 30 minute commute and it is still cold and yummy when I get to my desk)

Scrambled eggs in a mason jar

Night before, add any meat, veggie, topping you want in the bottom of a mason jar. I usually do drained and rinsed black beans, sliced black olives, mexican shredded cheese and baby spinach I have chopped up. Then scramble two eggs with a little unsweetened almond milk and pour into the jar. Put the top on and put in the fridge. The next morning take the jar out and take it to the office where I microwave it for 1 minute, take it out and stir it, then microwave it for 30 second intervals until the eggs are cooked the way I like them. Top with hummus and salsa (or don't top it with anything it is all up to you) and take it to my desk and nom nom nom.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is a pre-made breakfast burrito [I make them in advance and freeze them for easy reheating], a mix of cottage cheese/fruit-flavored greek yogurt/lemon juice, a cup of watered down juice and a cup of raw fruit.
  • Murano243
    Murano243 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    On the weekends, I toast or oven bake two sopes (see pic) and then put two eggs inside of it and salsa (preferably homemade with chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and spices). Under 4
    00 calories. Half that if you only make one. tgctqwldff0u.jpg

What is a SOPES, do you make it or buy it? :|