Wedding date 9/3/2016 (Maid of Honor dress)

Options
Dilemma: Just got my dress delivered from David's bridal, Size 4. It zips all the way up but it is SNUG!!! I have two weeks 'til the date. Aside from watching my caloric intake, any advice to shed a few inches in this short time frame? Should I focus more on long distance jogging? HIIT training? UGH!!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Lower your carbs to shed some water weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    deficit, low carb... but be aware that if you low carb between now and then you may bloat when you eat carbs on the wedding day....
  • queenliz99
    Options
    deficit, low carb... but be aware that if you low carb between now and then you may bloat when you eat carbs on the wedding day....

Yep!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Low sodium too. Drink plenty of water. Also, try wearing a different bra. If that's where it's snug, sometimes that's all it takes.
  • Katrina2778
    Katrina2778 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll incorporate your recommendations into my routine. And yes @VeryKatie, definitely more snug up top.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Low carb -- almost true Atkins -- but just until the wedding. Lay off the alcohol too but then be very careful at the wedding because you may accidentally overdo it.

I was able to drop about 5 pounds very quickly to fit into a bridesmaid dress doing that but it's unsustainable & unhealthy
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Low sodium will make a huge difference! If you keep truly hydrated and avoid salt, your body will hold onto less of the extra water weight. Good luck!
  • Katrina2778
    Options
    Thanks guys! Curious if I'm going to have enough energy to get in some solid workouts as well during this low carb phase....
  • maguariento
    maguariento Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No fizzy beverages, at least the week before. Ditto about carbs... they are called carbohydrates for a reason! Careful about too many crazy workouts, too, if just slimming down temporarily is your goal. Post workout recovery (healing) will cause water retention. Lowering calories is unfortunately really the key. Plenty of water, of course. I've also heard NSAIDs (Advil) can cause temporary water retention.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You don't have the time to really get a running plan up to speed. I would reduce carbs, potatoes, breads , and pasta. Drink only water and lay off the salt. Start doing a lot of walking. Do all of this and manage your portions you should be okay.
  • Katrina2778
    Options
    I typically do 2 miles three times a week but mainly HIIT training on the treadmill and then I hit the weights. Was thinking I might need to incorporate longer distance runs versus interval training at short distances to help. Your thoughts @rsclause?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll incorporate your recommendations into my routine. And yes @VeryKatie, definitely more snug up top.

Worth a try too! You could also see if the seamstress at the bridal store can sew in cups for you so that you can go braless. Depends on the style of the dress there though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I typically do 2 miles three times a week but mainly HIIT training on the treadmill and then I hit the weights. Was thinking I might need to incorporate longer distance runs versus interval training at short distances to help. Your thoughts @rsclause?

If you want to increase your deficit then yeah, why not.
  • Katrina2778
    Options
    Here goes nothing!!! Lol
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Get back to us and tell us how you fared!!
  • Katrina2778
    Options
    I sure will!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous... :) and inspiring. I have a dress that I need to get into in about two weeks and it is snug on top...What did you do??