Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Estimated calories in a medium/large donner kebab?

Hi all its my Saturday cheat day today where I have 5000/6000 calories left available in my weekly calorie limit to eat today and still maintain my weight but I am going to order a donner kebab this evening but I am just wondering as an estimate how many calories would you say are in a medium donner kebab and a large donner kebab as that will give me an idea whether to have a medium or large.

Thank you

Replies

• joseph4230
    joseph4230 Posts: 80 Member

I do want to get the large one but the link you've just gave me says medium for 1,000? Would a large donner kebab have 1000 calories or higher? How many calories would a large donner kebab have?

Thanks
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Get a big one. Log 1500. Carry on with life.

• joseph4230
    cityruss wrote: »

1500 calories is actually the estimate I had in mind for the large donner kebab so I will make it 1500 calories. I have 8000 calories remaining until Monday in my weekly calorie limit to maintain my current weight so I'm gonna have 5,500 calories today and 2,500 tomorrow and still maintain would this be ok? Thanks
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    of course it would be.. I do weekly calories as well just keep daily Macro's good
  • joseph4230
    of course it would be.. I do weekly calories as well just keep daily Macro's good

Fantastic thank you sir!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited August 2016
    Sounds like a waste of dieting all week and a restrict-binge cycle just to maintain....

But everyone has their preference!(:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    joseph4230 wrote: »

1500 calories is actually the estimate I had in mind for the large donner kebab so I will make it 1500 calories. I have 8000 calories remaining until Monday in my weekly calorie limit to maintain my current weight so I'm gonna have 5,500 calories today and 2,500 tomorrow and still maintain would this be ok? Thanks

You seem to need a massive amount of reassurance to eat in this way. Why not just maintain a small deficit daily? (Or eat at maintenance or whatever you're trying to do)
  • joseph4230

You seem to need a massive amount of reassurance to eat in this way. Why not just maintain a small deficit daily? (Or eat at maintenance or whatever you're trying to do)

I eat very low Monday-Thursday, maintenance on Fridays and very high on Saturdays and Sundays and still hit my weekly maintenance calorie limit is this OK?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Is it a large Doner kabab? Because a Donner kabab means something different to me :).

• joseph4230
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Is it a large Doner kabab? Because a Donner kabab means something different to me :).

Yes it was a large doner kebab? I'm sorry if that's not how it's spelt lol?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Dnarules wrote: »

Yes it was a large doner kebab? I'm sorry if that's not how it's spelt lol?

Actually, I really didn't mean to correct spelling. Donner kabab made me think of the Donner party, so I was just joking :).
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    On the brightside, your kebab probably contained less calories than we have used discussing it.

Negative calorie kebab!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I eat very low Monday-Thursday, maintenance on Fridays and very high on Saturdays and Sundays and still hit my weekly maintenance calorie limit is this OK?

Is it ok with you? It doesn't matter what I think!
  • joseph4230
    edited August 2016
    Hi again guys. I think I kind have gathered that trans fats now don't transfer fatty tissue to your belly lol and thanks for you guys of reassuring me about that and of course it is excess calories that make you fat but is this excess calories constantly for example every single day?

The reason I ask is because last week I went over my weekly calorie limit by 1000 which took me into a surplus would this be fine? I've heard you only gain fat if you eat excess calories constantly everyday for weeks?

Also would I be able to have a donor kebab once a week in my cheat weekend and would this be ok? Is there any difference between that or a large pizza or any other takeaway foods?

Thanks
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    If you are in a surplus for your weekly average, you will gain weight.

A surplus of calories is what causes weight gain. If you eat a surplus everyday, you will have a surplus in your weekly average and that will cause weight gain.

If you are in a surplus one day, but the other days you are in a deficit, the average will still likely be in a deficit (unless you went like 5000 calories over that day), then you won't gain weight. Your loss may be a little less than average but that should be it.
  • joseph4230
    If you are in a surplus for your weekly average, you will gain weight.

A surplus of calories is what causes weight gain. If you eat a surplus everyday, you will have a surplus in your weekly average and that will cause weight gain.

If you are in a surplus one day, but the other days you are in a deficit, the average will still likely be in a deficit (unless you went like 5000 calories over that day), then you won't gain weight. Your loss may be a little less than average but that should be it.

My maintenance calories every week is 14000 but last week in total I consumed 15000? I've heard you need to be at a surplus everyday consistently before you gain weight and that a couple of days in a surplus won't really matter much?

I started fresh again yesterday to lose 0.5lb a week (14000-1750 = 12250 to consume until Monday) until I reach a body fat percentage that I'm happy with. Do you know how many pounds you need to lose before your body fat goes down by 1 percent each time?

Also could I have a donor kebab once a week every week on my cheat weekend and still would that matter, for example there's no difference in a donor kebab or pizza or kfc or curry etc right? Thanks
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    A couple days of surplus will matter if it brings you over your maintenance calories. Some people look at it daily, whereas some people look at it weekly, like you do. If your weekly maintenance is 14,000 calories and you consumed 15,000...you are in a surplus - regardless of it being one day, or daily.

I'm sorry, I do not know how many pounds you need to lose before your body goes down by 1%. I believe it varies with each person.

If you want kebab, or KFC, or pizza, or curry, or anything else and you can fit it into your calories, then go ahead. It does not make a difference where the calories are coming from if you are eating within your maintenance level.
  • joseph4230
    A couple days of surplus will matter if it brings you over your maintenance calories. Some people look at it daily, whereas some people look at it weekly, like you do. If your weekly maintenance is 14,000 calories and you consumed 15,000...you are in a surplus - regardless of it being one day, or daily.

I'm sorry, I do not know how many pounds you need to lose before your body goes down by 1%. I believe it varies with each person.

If you want kebab, or KFC, or pizza, or curry, or anything else and you can fit it into your calories, then go ahead. It does not make a difference where the calories are coming from if you are eating within your maintenance level.

But that's the thing, my current normal weight is 61kg, I went 1000 calories over my maintenance last week on my cheat weekend I went up to 64kg because of carbs/sodium/salt etc but I weighed myself just now and I'm back to 61kg.

How's that possible if I went 1000 calories over last week's weekly budget? Does that mean you need to constantly and consistently eat at a calorie surplus everyday for weeks and weeks before you gain weight etc or does it mean my maintenance is slightly higher for example 15000 a week because I am young and healthy and I workout 6 days a week, boxing twice a week for an hour, weights 4 times a week for an hour and treadmill 4 times a week for an hour with a very high incline 28 incline and 4 speed, fast walking?

I've Googled it and heard it takes weeks of consistent overeating day by day to gain weight and that a couple of days of surplus won't really make a difference?

OK I believe it's 2/3lbs for every 1% but not too sure.

That's great so all takeaways are the same then except it's just the calories thst varies so I may just have a donor kebab every Saturday because I do love those hehe but I will plan my week ahead :smile:

Thanks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member

But that's the thing, my current normal weight is 61kg, I went 1000 calories over my maintenance last week on my cheat weekend I went up to 64kg because of carbs/sodium/salt etc but I weighed myself just now and I'm back to 61kg.

How's that possible if I went 1000 calories over last week's weekly budget? Does that mean you need to constantly and consistently eat at a calorie surplus everyday for weeks and weeks before you gain weight etc or does it mean my maintenance is slightly higher for example 15000 a week because I am young and healthy and I workout 6 days a week, boxing twice a week for an hour, weights 4 times a week for an hour and treadmill 4 times a week for an hour with a very high incline 28 incline and 4 speed, fast walking?

I've Googled it and heard it takes weeks of consistent overeating day by day to gain weight and that a couple of days of surplus won't really make a difference?

OK I believe it's 2/3lbs for every 1% but not too sure.

That's great so all takeaways are the same then except it's just the calories thst varies so I may just have a donor kebab every Saturday because I do love those hehe but I will plan my week ahead :smile:

Thanks

The human body is very adept at energy balance and strives for homeostasis. You don't just overeat by 1,000 calories here and there and put on fat...your body is very adept at using excess energy in the short run. You have to consistently under feed (diet) or over feed over time to override your body's ability to maintain homeostasis.