Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Estimated calories in a medium/large donner kebab?

2»

Replies

• joseph4230
    joseph4230 Posts: 80 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    joseph4230 wrote: »
    A couple days of surplus will matter if it brings you over your maintenance calories. Some people look at it daily, whereas some people look at it weekly, like you do. If your weekly maintenance is 14,000 calories and you consumed 15,000...you are in a surplus - regardless of it being one day, or daily.

I'm sorry, I do not know how many pounds you need to lose before your body goes down by 1%. I believe it varies with each person.

If you want kebab, or KFC, or pizza, or curry, or anything else and you can fit it into your calories, then go ahead. It does not make a difference where the calories are coming from if you are eating within your maintenance level.

But that's the thing, my current normal weight is 61kg, I went 1000 calories over my maintenance last week on my cheat weekend I went up to 64kg because of carbs/sodium/salt etc but I weighed myself just now and I'm back to 61kg.

How's that possible if I went 1000 calories over last week's weekly budget? Does that mean you need to constantly and consistently eat at a calorie surplus everyday for weeks and weeks before you gain weight etc or does it mean my maintenance is slightly higher for example 15000 a week because I am young and healthy and I workout 6 days a week, boxing twice a week for an hour, weights 4 times a week for an hour and treadmill 4 times a week for an hour with a very high incline 28 incline and 4 speed, fast walking?

I've Googled it and heard it takes weeks of consistent overeating day by day to gain weight and that a couple of days of surplus won't really make a difference?

OK I believe it's 2/3lbs for every 1% but not too sure.

That's great so all takeaways are the same then except it's just the calories thst varies so I may just have a donor kebab every Saturday because I do love those hehe but I will plan my week ahead :smile:

Thanks

The human body is very adept at energy balance and strives for homeostasis. You don't just overeat by 1,000 calories here and there and put on fat...your body is very adept at using excess energy in the short run. You have to consistently under feed (diet) or over feed over time to override your body's ability to maintain homeostasis.

That explains it much much better I thought that'd be the case because I had 1000 excess calories overall in my last weeks budget but today I'm back to my normal 61kg weight and I have seen on Google you need to constantly and consistently overeat everyday for weeks before you gain fat. Thank you so much :)
  • joseph4230
    joseph4230 Posts: 80 Member
    Hello again guys, I will be having a large donor kebab tomorrow for my cheat day I had one last Saturday for the first time since March and it was really nice but I'm just wondering would a small box of spicy chips be nice to go with it? I've had spicy chips in the past with the kebab and they are really nice but are chips a waste of calories?

Also how many calories would be in a small box of spicy chips from the takeaway? I may just get a large donor kebab on its own though I log the large at 1500 calories just to be sure.