What am I doing wrong?

Options
I started my fitness pal about a month ago, the weight was coming off quick but, then it slowed down. I reduced my calories- and have actually gained a pound... Im not sure what to do?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It comes off quicker at first, don't panic. Just keep going.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, and after the initial water loss, your weight loss will slow down.

So some weeks you will lose, some you will gain, and some you will stay the same, even when you're doing everything right.

It should also be noted that a healthy loss is no more than 2lbs a week, and that's more for folks that are obese. If you are simply overweight, you are looking at .5lb to 1lb a week. I'm not sure what you're stats are, but these types of posts are often due to unrealistic expectations.
  • arinbolt
    arinbolt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was in a panic. I know I need to add in more exercise. I went off track a few days because I felt like it was pointless but now I'm back to measuring etc. It's soooo easy to over eat!
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Everybody's weight goes up and down a few pounds. That's normal. Gaining a pound could be due to water, sodium in your food, from muscle repair after exercise, etc. Just ignore it and keep going.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    arinbolt wrote: »
    Thanks! I was in a panic. I know I need to add in more exercise. I went off track a few days because I felt like it was pointless but now I'm back to measuring etc. It's soooo easy to over eat!

This was probably your problem as well. You can't expect accurate results when your logging is inconsistent.
  • arinbolt
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I was expecting to lose too much too fast. I'll keep in mind those numbers. I have 50 pounds left to lose
  • arinbolt
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much for you input and support. I feel motivated to stay on track again :-)