Thanks to MFP - 4 months and 40 pounds gone! (Pix) :-)

Options
Today is my 4 month anniversary of the start of my "new way of living and eating." As of today have lost 40.5 lbs, thanks to My Fitness Pal and the accountability it has given me. I've got quite a way to go until I get to my goal, but I have to say - I feel terrific! I'm staying steady at the helm and know that all good things come to those who wait (and stick with the program!)

I switched to a low-carb way of eating (Atkins), joined the local gym and found a new "frenemy" - the elliptical. Not to say it's been easy, I've had my hurdles. I didn't try to be perfect, I just tried to be good. Over the coarse of 4 months, I have made it through numerous parties and events, that normally would have sent me off the deep end into a full blown binge, but not this time. I'd munch on low carb stuff until I felt somewhat satisfied. On the days I really didn't feel like working out, I was able to look at my exercise history - and that motivated me to keep going. I've learned that hunger truly does fade if you give it a chance and every day you exercise is a giant step in the right direction.

The first time I stepped on the elliptical, I could only do it two minutes, and felt like I was going to throw up - or faint - or both! I persevered because I saw my MFP friends were able to do it - and that motivated me. I just kept doubling my time - and now I can sweat through a full hour - and then hit the treadmill. I've taken 8.5 inches off my waist and dropped 3 sizes. My goal is to keep up with the cardio and add in strength training.

Best thing abou putting a dent in my weight is getting healthy. I am completely off my BP meds (lisinopril) and diabetic meds (metformin) my Doc is tinkled pink and I feel like I've won the lottery! I know this isn't a swimsuit pic - I've got a way to go before I get there, but I thought it would be good to share that a noticeable, healthy change can occur in a relatively short amount of time. My Fitness Pal has provided an easy and fun way to document, track and share my weight loss journey!

BEFORE I discovered My Fitness Pal - I loomed a gigantic 272! (And I'm only 5'4")

1z3p1s1.jpg

10ftmk0.jpg

Here I am at my MFP starting weight of 261.5

qsjtrc.jpg

The pic in the black tank top is minus 40.5 pounds!

2yxnbq9.jpg

I am very happy with the changes to my face!

blgft.jpg

Replies

• Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome success lady!! What an inspiration!! (BTW Your pics aren't showing up yet.)
    Have a fabulous day!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Your picture didn't show up however. Keep up the great work!!
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    pic doesnt work!! b ut congrats anyway!!
  • sweetsurprise13
    Options
    awesome job!
  • StevenCabral
    StevenCabral Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good for you, your post is a good motivator for me too :-)
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What a huge accomplishment!! You are truly a motivation to the rest of us!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nice work ... And 10 lbs a month is a pretty good accomplishment too!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Incredible, inspiring, fantastic, beautiful! Way to go!!!!!!!!
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Wow you go with your bad self!! You look fabulous!
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    congratulations!! awesome job!!!
  • Willowalker
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! It helps so much when there's a long road to travel. I'm just keeping my eye on the prize and focusing on 10 pounds every month!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Wow, way to go! You look great keep up the good work!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring--you look fantastic!
  • jennymesser
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • tomorrowisnotpromised
    tomorrowisnotpromised Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You look great!
  • MamaGetsSlim
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your success, it was really great to see. I appreciate you being honest about how it feels to start exercising when you are out of shape! I am also 5'4" and started in the mid-270s less than a week ago, so your story hits home with me and makes me look forward to 4 months from now.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You look MAH-velous, dah-ling!
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    Options
    You are awesome!! WOW! You've totally inspired me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!