SBF Jan 22

Options
Hey guys. Sorry I disappeared. I worked a lot this weekend (school & restaurant) and didn't have any energy to workout. Thurs/fri my crud becam nasty laryngitis. Monday I sucked it up and Tues saw Doc. His response was "well, I don't think it's pneumonia!" :noway: Guess I should have gone a little sooner! Now I'm a walking medicine cabinet: steroids, antibiotics, expectorant, vits, etc.

Finally can breathe and sound like I just have a cold rather than my husky-raspy voice I've had for the past week. But the drugs have wiped me out and since I couldn't breathe, I wasn't working out. Been almost on track with cals (two days over) so o.k. on that front.

Just saying all this to the rest of you who've been battling the "crud" too, maybe time to make an appointment!
Keep up the good work (been reading even though not posting)!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Sorry I disappeared. I worked a lot this weekend (school & restaurant) and didn't have any energy to workout. Thurs/fri my crud becam nasty laryngitis. Monday I sucked it up and Tues saw Doc. His response was "well, I don't think it's pneumonia!" :noway: Guess I should have gone a little sooner! Now I'm a walking medicine cabinet: steroids, antibiotics, expectorant, vits, etc.

Finally can breathe and sound like I just have a cold rather than my husky-raspy voice I've had for the past week. But the drugs have wiped me out and since I couldn't breathe, I wasn't working out. Been almost on track with cals (two days over) so o.k. on that front.

Just saying all this to the rest of you who've been battling the "crud" too, maybe time to make an appointment!
    Keep up the good work (been reading even though not posting)!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Arianne, good to have you back. I hope you get better quickly. I am glad you went to the doctor.

How is everyone else doing?

My day was thrown off a bit when my DH said he's taking my car to work because something is wrong with his. Oh well, I get another day to come up with a grocery list and I can get the house cleaned up.
    House work may be all the work I get done today, though I am going to try to go for a walk since it's suppose to warm up to 80 today! Whoo hoo! I am also going to book it on painting and try to get it finished. Not today but really soon.
    Alex got to ride the pony yesterday, standing up part of the time! He was a little scared, but did great! He's a different kid now than he was a year ago!
    Anyway, I need to get busy. I have a lot to try to cram in today! Have a good day, my pebbles! :wink:
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon AD!

Best of luck, CP - see you the other side of Feb!

Here in Central Texas we are in Cedar Fever season. If you live here long enough, you become allergic to the surrounding juniper (it's not actually a cedar). It peaks in late January. I'm a little stuffy, but that's it. Austin, despite all the cool stuff about it, is the worst city in the US to live in if you have allergies. There's hardly a time of year that something isn't in the air.

Had a tough yoga class yesterday, as well as weights, and a little cardio before both yoga and weights.

Today, bike ride. Yeah, it's going to be warm, like MM said (she's 200 miles north of me). It will cool a bit this weekend, then another week of temps in the 70s. I wouldn't mind some cold at this point.

Happy workouts!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope you feel better AD. I'm around so many little kids with colds I think I have built up an immunity. Yea for me! MM, I bet he really did like riding. My kids did. We had an old clydesdale named Linda and they all took turns sitting on her for years. She is now gone and we didn't replace her. Sorry to hear you have allergies MWD. But at least you don't have 4 feet of snow staring at you every morning. It's getting old and we have about 2-3 months more of it. I managed a little upper body workout. Very minimal. The bus is giving me a lopsided workout as the door decided to freeze and I've been strong arming it for a week. Today it warmed up enough to thaw and I sprayed it with Liquid Wrench or something like that my boss had. But the arm is sore from all week.

I am having trouble remembering to log food. Today seemed like all I did was eat but the calories didn't add up to as much as I thought but I will probably go over with supper. What a bummer. I really don't have any energy this week. I'm not sick, but don't feel like doing anything. Maybe I'm not getting enough sun. It's been kinda cloudy this week. I didn't even feel like snowshoeing. I have got to get moving again and I just can't seem to get enthusiastic about it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks for letting me whine a little.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I already rode my bike for 30 minutes earlier but hope to get in another 15 minutes or so and about 10 of running on the treadmill later. My weigh in day is tomorrow and I'd like to have a few extra calories left over today just to be sure I made up for whatever that junk food frenzy I was on earlier in the week. I've got a sore throat that has gotten worse as the day has gone on so I may be in for a bit of sickness. Too bad hubby has been called in to work all weekend! It would have been nice to be able to rely on him to watch the boys so I could get in some extra rest. So much for that! Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well.

~Feel better arianne!
    ~Hope you got everything in on your busy schedule today MM!
    ~Sorry about the allergies, Mary! My son was just tested for allergies a few months ago as came up positive for Cedar (as well as eggs and borderline dairy) so I guess we'd better not ever move to Texas!
    ~kjllose, just remember how good you feel AFTER exercising and try to use that as an incentive to get moving even when you don't want to. It works for me, sometimes.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:

8056.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary