FitBit

I'm looking to buying a Fitbit since now I got a new job as a one year teacher. I used to use my phone to keep track of my steps but that just kills my battery and it's just more professional if I keep it off and in my purse. But anyways im looking for a good Fitbit that can keep track of my steps, the time and syncs over to this app. Can anyone help me? Something that's not too costly would be awesome and on Amazon would nice as well.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    The flex is small and cheap, and can be accessorized. I started with that one. (it was the only one then!) I now have the Charge HR. I like that one because while it's still small, it has a watch.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    I have a flex and for just tracking steps I like it. It syncs up with mfp and tells me how many calories I burn from my steps them when I go for a walk it tracks my calories there too. It's a great starter Fitbit and be im loving it so much I will upgrade soon.
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    I have the Charge HR and I love it to pieces. It can sync up with your phone via bluetooth and MFP. Since it has the heart rate monitor as well I feel confident enough in its calories burned estimate as well that I take it at mostly face value. It's also sleek and has a watch so it can work with any outfit. Battery life on mine has been roughly 3 days a charge, despite reviews saying 5 days when I looked it up.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    There are loads of secondhand ones on eBay. I have a Misfit. Very cool style, waterproof and everything I need.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have a Fitbit One. I like that I can wear it discreetly on my bra so no one else even knows it's there. It does all that you've asked for without unneeded bells or whistles.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,540 Member
    I would caution people purchasing second hand Fitbits to call Fitbit support and make sure that their "new" Fitbit will connect to Fitbit's servers without issue.

Fitbit has the ability to track the serial number of devices that are connected to their servers.
    Fitbit will often replace a defective device without asking for the old one back.
    An unscrupulous person might turn around and try and sell a device previously claimed to be defective.
    Having an unconnected Fitbit is a very lame experience compared to a having a connected one.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I would caution people purchasing second hand Fitbits to call Fitbit support and make sure that their "new" Fitbit will connect to Fitbit's servers without issue.

Fitbit has the ability to track the serial number of devices that are connected to their servers.
    Fitbit will often replace a defective device without asking for the old one back.
    An unscrupulous person might turn around and try and sell a device previously claimed to be defective.
    Having an unconnected Fitbit is a very lame experience compared to a having a connected one.

Yes, Fitbit CS do ask for reciepts should you ever have an issue. I have had to show proof I bought mine new, off Amazon when I had an issue with a previous model.
  • tofuligan
    tofuligan Posts: 45 Member
    It's more expensive, but I found the Charge HR to be worth it. If you just want to count steps, most $20 pedometers will do the trick. What's lovely about the HR is that because it monitors your heart rate, it's better able to track all activities--cycling doesn't count for many steps, after all!
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    I had a fit bit charge HR and I loved it. Then I upgraded to a Fitbit blaze. And I love that one even more
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    I love my charge HR! And I get about 5-6 days between charges by turning off all-day sync. I just manually sync it when I want to.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited August 2016
    I would advise against buying the HR version...they are no more accurate for step counting and 24 hour HR monitoring is relatively pointless unless you have a heart condition (in which case you would need a medical HR monitor and not a fitness band)

Get yourself a basic clip on like the zip or one ...they can attach to a waistband, pocket or bra and are unobtrusive and more cost effective. Or if you prefer the wristband version a flex or alta
  • Ngentu
    Ngentu Posts: 1 Member
    I am using Fitbit Alta for the past month and I am loving it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I find they drop to bits within 6 months.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Stay away from Vivofit 2 with HR if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, it says it is compatible, but will not pair with it through bluetooth. I wish I knew of that issue before I bought one. The only problem I have with my Fitbit Flex is that I have purchased 3 chargers in 2 years (no watch on that one though)
  • gailsy619
    gailsy619 Posts: 5 Member
    Love my fitbit blaze
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    All Fitbits sync to MFP. The only Fitbit (I think) that does not show the time is the Flex.

What other features do you want? Research the different models. I like the One because I do not wear a watch, and it clips to my waist/pocket area. It also seems more reliable because it does not count arm movements as 'steps'.
    I'm looking to buying a Fitbit since now I got a new job as a one year teacher. I used to use my phone to keep track of my steps but that just kills my battery and it's just more professional if I keep it off and in my purse. But anyways im looking for a good Fitbit that can keep track of my steps, the time and syncs over to this app. Can anyone help me? Something that's not too costly would be awesome and on Amazon would nice as well.

• MJade63
    MJade63 Posts: 10 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Yes, Fitbit CS do ask for reciepts should you ever have an issue. I have had to show proof I bought mine new, off Amazon when I had an issue with a previous model.

In my experience, fitbit sent me out a new charge hr without asking for a receipt or the old one back.. I guess it just depends who you speak with.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2016

Meaning they break? Mine haven't. My original band did, but fitbit replaced that for free.
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    I've had a FitBit for the past 3 years. I love it. Started with the Flex and eventually upgraded to the Charge. My Flex never had any issues and I liked the ability to change the bands to add some style. The Charge though has give me headache after headache. I'm currently wearing my Charge held together with electrical tape because the band broke and I don't have the receipt anymore to replace it. This is my third Charge in about a year. Faulty device and poor craftsmanship seem to be the norm for the Charge. If I stay with FitBit, when I save up enough to get a new device, I may look at the Alta or Blaze. They definitely help keep me motivated. My wife and I challenge each other daily to see who can get the most. On weekdays she usually kicks my butt because I have a cushy office job. On the weekends though I usually hit my goal by noon and just roll over her. It's a fun way to be competitive and still be active as well.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member

Meaning they break? Mine haven't. My original band did, but fitbit replaced that for free.
    You said yours hadn't then said it had and it was replaced?

Both mine and my husbands charge HR broke within 6 months. They were replaced free but they shouldn't break so easy in the first place.
    The amount of people on the fit bit forums that it has happened to is ridiculous. Very badly made. My button completely fell off. I would never recommend them.