Exercise for someone that doesn't like exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Check into your local rec center. Sometimes they are free and probably cheap and have some group classes.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I would like to exercise alittle more. Get alittle stronger. Nothing fancy. But I don't like exercising and find it painfully boring.
    • I do like walking and biking.
    • I don't have much money and would not join a gym, maybe a fitness class.
    • I have alot of trouble running because of my knee and some lung issues.
    • I do not currently have a bike.
    • When the weather is bad, what can I do indoors?
    • I also do not have access to a pool or place to swim.

Look, I know I'm negative about exercising, but I would like to get in better shape. I will lose weight logging my calories so that's not why I am doing it. I'm mostly interested in being healthy. Any suggestions?

If you really don't have the money, even for a used bike many communities, bike clubs ,other organizations provide ftee bike to people in that situation.

Check around your area. Best of luck.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    No one really likes routine exercise... It's a means to get results (better, faster, stronger). Listen to the other suggestions... Get out there and move. You may not enjoy the activity at first, but you'll like the results!

Myself and the regulars I see lifting, on the treadmill, in classes, etc at my gym would indicate, yes there are people who like regular exercise.

Agreed. I love the workouts I do bc they're fun. They're also challenging, but I have a great time doing it, even when it gets super hard and I feel like I'm dying. It also helps that the ladies I'm in class with are a lot of fun too, but pole and aerial fitness are both a lot of fun.

OP, invest in a bike and a accessory that allows you to turn your outdoor bike into an indoor bike (my mom got one off of amazon I think), that way you can bike outside during nice weather or inside during bad weather. Or just get an indoor bike and use it during bad weather and walk outside when the weather is nice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note. Many people just exercise to get in shape and lose weight. What many also do is STOP EXERCISING when they reach that goal. To STAY IN SHAPE, you have to continue exercising or you'll get out of shape again.

That said, find an exercise you will do and can stick with. It doesn't have to be structured exercise either. It can be playing a sport or game or line dancing etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png