Suggestions needed

Options
This is my first day of my new life to becoming healthy. I am looking for some low calorie healthy fillling snacks that wont take up a lot of my calories that I would rather use for a meal to have during the afternoon for snacks. Any suggestions???

Replies

• sbourassa18
    Options
    Hard boiled egg whites. Low calorie and lots of protein.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, trail mix, celery and Peanut butter....
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Fruits, veggies, and water. Make sure to get a lot of protein in your meals...it'll help you feel full longer.
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Almonds and veggies. Good luck!
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Veggies or a fruit that is mostly water like watermelon.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Watermellon is great ! Pretzels Laughing cow cheese string cheese sticks yogurt special k crackers
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    apples are my fav because it feels me up and last for me. but I have found those 35 calorie laughing cows and eat with a high grain cracker, the ones I eat are 3 crakers for 70 calories for a 105 calories a wonderful snack.
  • XanManMom
    XanManMom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Low fat yogart is a go to for me :)
  • lmhubbard
    lmhubbard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt . . . I specifically like the Chobani yogurts.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    lurk around in peoples diaries, you'll get lots of suggestions :)
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like plain rice cakes with Frank's hot sauce on them. Add a tablespoon of light cream cheese and you have a fantastic snack for under 100 calories!
    Kellogg's Fiber bars are 120-140 calories and taste wonderful.
    No Sugar added fudgescicle's are 40 calories and (2) of them satisfy any chocolate cravings I may have.

Good luck!
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt . . . I specifically like the Chobani yogurts.

yes forgot that also. But I do the plain greek god yogurt with a teaspoon of honey and stevia and a teaspoon of bare naked granola for a snack to keep under a 100 calories plus reduce the sugar
  • Tnrbeaner
    Tnrbeaner Posts: 51
    Options
    Plain yogurt or sour cream mixed with some pepper and a minced fresh herb such as cilantro or tarragon and spread over a couple lettuce leaves, then roll each leaf up with a slice of deli meat.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt or sour cream mixed with some pepper and a minced fresh herb such as cilantro or tarragon and spread over a couple lettuce leaves, then roll each leaf up with a slice of deli meat.
    MMMM I am definately trying this one Yum my!!!