Purpose of existence .

Options

Replies

• Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Ohhh I like you.

OP, I don't believe there is a purpose for life. I subscribe to the Buddhist philosophy that life is suffering. The closest thing to a "purpose" that I've found is to alleviate suffering, mine and that of anyone else. Every act I do that eases someone else's pain is fulfilling my life's purpose.
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    @erika60007 : nicely said

@Noelani1503 : nice!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    erika60007 wrote: »
    We are all here for a reason. Each of us has a purpose and each individual purpose serves a greater good. We are all born pure and as we grow we make choices that bring us closer or further apart from that purpose. We are enlightened when we figure it, but at least that is what I believe.

Yeah.... I reckon that I've made some bad, bad choices because I can't even spell enlightemenet.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    We all end up as ash or worm food, have a good day!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

ain't that the truth.

..... and in the future (distant future) the Earth will just be a charcoal briquet.

You sold me, I'm taking the rest of the day off to sit by the pool and eat nachos.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

ain't that the truth.

..... and in the future (distant future) the Earth will just be a charcoal briquet.

You sold me, I'm taking the rest of the day off to sit by the pool and eat nachos.

Cancel all plans, nothing should come between you and those triangle shaped pieces of joy
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    The best line ever in a movie..."there is no spoon."

Or ERMAGERRRD GUISE! THAR IZNO SPEWWWWN!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I like this and follow it.

bcl2xjlynduf.jpg

I like this!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's an accident. Perhaps you have to make your own purpose, if you're going to have any. Could be that's ok.
  • ambalam
    ambalam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow. Lots of great insight. I suck at quoting so the person who said they only ask themselves that is when they're down, that's me too. I find when I'm happy, I make others happy. Scientifically I think we're basically animals that procreate to further the species. So I'd say kids, and that's great but it's more than that for me. The ability to make someone else feel good. I feel best when I'm making ppl laugh and taking care of ppl. Used to work in a nursing home. Always felt that void inside grow a little smaller when my residents face lit up when they saw me. But it's different for everyone.

Teaching the next generation to make better choices and be better ppl. It kills me seeing all the hate in the world. So pointless. Interesting post. Just my two cents.
  • navdeeprana
    Options
    @Motorsheen : LOL we all make bad choices ...at some point.

@deadliftsandnoodles : I agree we all end up in ashes...but...I think there is something inside all of is not sure what to call it soul or self consciousness that remains untouched I believe...

@timshel_: well said!

@NorthCascades : admire your perception...I don't have an answer

@ambalam :seeing others smiling do makes feel atleast some purpose. Thanks for sharing

@PlaydohPants : nicely visualized...lol!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    To create plastic. Nature can't do it alone.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi, if you TRUELY want to know the answer to your question, PLEASE speech the Jehovah's Witnesses the next opportunity you can. I promise you that you will find out the answer to your question. What you do when you find out is totally up to you, but it will change your life xx The Truth will set you free xx
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    There is no purpose to existence. A purpose implies a creator who intended to put us to some use. The only purpose we have is what we decide it to be.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options

All you need to know, OP (although technically 42 is the meaning of life, rather than the purpose!)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend falling down the rabbit hole and questioning everything you ever thought you knew about this world and this 'existence'
  • navdeeprana
    Options
    @GypsyFire65 : very inspiring !! Adore your cause
    @cee134 : lol...really?
    @squindles : sure. Appreciate it
    @sunnybeaches105 : nicely said....I like it
    @salembambi : if I go down that path I might go crazy :):)
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    There's no purpose; we're a mistake. We're no more than a renegade colony of mold spores that was allowed to flourish out of neglect. We're a fuzzy lump of unrecognizable former food somewhere in the back of God's fridge and it's only a matter of time before he notices the funky smell and dumps us all down the drain in disgust.

That said, it is a pretty sweet fridge! Enjoy it.