Hello, new from Colorado

Options
Hi my name is Jean I am a mom of for children oldest is 21 and deployed in Afganistan at the moment and my youngest is 7 and has cystic fibrosis, that being said I do not work out side the house and have a ton of high calorie/ High fat foods in the house because she needs that in her diet. Also I have very little time to myself and have dedicated that time to getting myself healthy. I could really use any tips and support I can get.

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    welcome...I am in Colorado too..Parker to be exact..You will find lots of support here..since we are all in the same boat
  • mocosa74
    mocosa74 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hello!! I am from Colorado as well, and I too have a son in the Military. He is in his 4th week of Marine boot camp!!! I would love to talk and support each other. I sure could use some local help!! Feel free to add me!
  • hotpot83
    hotpot83 Posts: 88
    Options
    welcome hun, lots and lots of good luck to you... youll be fine here :D x
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Me too, Castle Rock, High fat foods? Look into Low calorie diets Paleo or Primal diets work great too. I do kind of a mix between Paleo and Primal.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I used to live in Colorado..moved back home to Arkansas in 2002...actually lived in Parker for a little while too, and in the Springs..but mostly Denver area.

It is tough...and it sounds as if you have it a little tougher than some of us. But you already made the first step by coming here. You can do this!

Good luck!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Me too, Castle Rock, High fat foods? Look into Low calorie diets Paleo or Primal diets work great too. I do kind of a mix between Paleo and Primal.

Her daughter with CF needs the high fat foods.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm originally from Colorado, then the Army moved my husband and I to Kentucky. He is also in Afghanistan. This site is amazing! And I think deployments are always the best time to get in shape =] Good luck!
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome. I am also from Colorado, just outside of Fort Collins. Add me if you'd like, and good luck.
  • jragsd
    jragsd Posts: 23
    Options
    they high fat foods are what my daughter has to have for her diet, I just end up eating the same thing!!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

Her daughter with CF needs the high fat foods.

No Kidding? I took it she thought it would be hard to diet because her daughter had to have those foods, and those foods are in the house. If those foods are in the house, I was pointing out she could diet with high fat foods and not have to worry about having those foods in the house.