Home workout success??

Options

Replies

• Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :)
    You all inspired me a lot !
    I've been doing fitness blender for 3 days now and feel great!
    Im in my last 10 lbs to loose but because i never ever excersized through my journey i feel that i could've look so much better... I have a couple of friends that weigh the same as me same height and look 10lbs less.They both go to gym 5 times a week , so I felt that im just a smaller fat person lol even though i lost 45 lbs , i dont have a defined body ...what kinds of work outs should i do ?
    Im into HIIT now but not sure if thats what i need ( note : i do not own any equipment)

Thx ur all amazing ppl :-)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @jessiferrrb I did enjoy You Are Your Own Gym quite a bit. Just wanted to do heavy lifting instead, so I switched over to Strong Curves. I still do some bodyweight exercises daily, and have even progressed a bit more than I thought I would.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @capaul42 42 Thanks! i just found out my friend is going to give me the fob to the gym in his building so i can use weights as well! xmas in august!

*edited to tag
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @capaul42 42 Thanks! i just found out my friend is going to give me the fob to the gym in his building so i can use weights as well! xmas in august!

*edited to tag

That's great! Make sure you get your form down correctly before adding any real weight to the bigger lifts (deadlifts, squats, benches and overhead's). Don't want to injure yourself :)
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've never been to the gym, and I lost weight and strengthened muscle all with home workouts (check out my profile pic). I have Jari Love DVD's she is awesome, tapout xt, ufc fit, and bodybeast. Next I'm going to purchase Cathe Frederick Lift it Hiit it program, it's Hiit combined with lifting heavy weights. As long as your consistent and eat well you can do it!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Skipping rope, Jessica smith tv, Leslie sansone
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    6 months 35 lb, bought a $10 skipping rope, aim for 10000 steps a day, 1200 calories and eat back half exercise. YouTube Leslie sansone and Jessica smith tv. Now healthy BMI
  • Just_Maddy
    Just_Maddy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Skipping rope, Jessica smith tv, Leslie sansone

Yes! Yes! I love Leslie! I started doing them just 'cause I had fun but I didn't really think they were gonna do much but I was soooo wrong if you are looking to lose weight or if you are new to working out that's the way to go or if you think you are not in the mood to workout just go for it, no equipment, nothing, just yourself, before you know it you will be totally into it.

At the moment I'm completely in love with Focus T25 :)

• charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am currently at the gym this time as I am going with a friend.....but last time......
    I lost 60 pounds in 5 months. I ate smart....didnt actually count calories and walked 5 days a week for about 45 minutes. Most days I got back and did some dumbbells, situps, squats, those types of exercises........You can do it! One day at a time!!!

• JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    Happy. Happy. Happy. Situps make me happy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1jynNJhiI
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Lost 70 lbs working out at home. Started with The Firm, graduated to Cathe Friedrich and Fitness Blender. I also do bodyweight workouts I found on darebee.com. I just started doing C210K at the gym to mix things up, but my major workout is at home. If I feel burned out, I'll do Jessica Smith on youtube.
  • JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    Part of my home workout success comes as a result of following the 2016 Olympic athletes, rather than following the stream of 24/7 political shows and news. Those athletes remind me how far I have come, in my workout efforts. And they remind me to stay the course, and continue working out regularly. The success is often just in regular workout attendance, aside from gains in tone and gains in muscle size.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I've done home workouts since last December. I lost my first 10lbs doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, level 1 and 2 are free on YouTube, I bought level 3 on Amazon instant video for 3$. After that I slacked off a bit but in March I started p90x, finished round 1 and lost around 30lbs, I'm on week 2 of my second round. Not ready to share pics as I have a long way to go but I believe you can achieve your goals at home. I suggest you get some dumbbells and do some strength training as well, it really helps shape you better than just cardio based workouts. I wish you the best on your journey!

I can endorse this. Never been to a gym, but have been working through Jillian Michaels iFit Level 1 program on the treadmill at home. This is my second attempt at it, but the first time I wasn't on MFP. Now I feel really bad if I complete a week without being able to log my scheduled workouts on the chart, so that's an incentive to actually do it.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 10 days into a 90 day Challenge that I am doing on YouTube first thing in the morning. It's called bikini body mommy and it's all free. The only equipment you need is a sturdy chair, some light weights and a mat. Your first day is a Fit Test of 8 or 10 different exercises. You write down how many reps of each exercise you can do (you keep track of reps for all exercises for every workout) that way when you do the next Fit Test at days 15, 30, 45, 60 and finally 90, you can see how far you've come. The fact that I have to keep track, and that I can see my progress keeps me motivated.

Right after I get home from work I do another 15-30 minutes with Jessica Smith. I started her #fitin15 program on Monday. You alternate 15min videos one day with 30min videos the next. You do them 5 or 6 days a week for 35 days. This also requires little equipment, weights I believe, though I haven't got that far yet. I can barely get through the workout without keeling over.

I've lost 4lbs in 10 days (I'm sure most is water) and I can already feel a small difference in my clothes. I also don't feel as bloated as I did before.

I have been logging everything I eat and making sure to stay within my calories for the day (with the exception of 2 or so days). I also only eat all my calories between noon and 8pm. This has worked for me so far. I will adjust as needed though.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight and got fitter at home also. I started off with 30 day shred then moved onto Hasfit and fitnessblender. It was just more convenient and free. I joined the gym last year as got a good deal and want to push myself abit further.
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been using Flex which is really good because you workout live with a trainer and can ask them questions etc if you're unsure of what to do!
  • tmr57
    tmr57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100lbs doing strictly home workouts from Jillian Michaels, Fitness Blender, Beachbody, Be Fit videos. The only reason I joined a gym last year was to get into weightlifting, which transitioned into powerlifting. Home workouts work if you put in the effort.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!