Calories in my afternoon tea

Options
VEGAN Afternoon Tea

So I had two different sandwiches, one with cucumber and tomato in the other just salad leaves (I dont think they had any vegan sandwich ideas!). There was two slices of each (whats in the photo + the same again). They said it was vegan bread, i think they used gluten free as it was very dry.

I then had two fruit scones (about 3 inches in length id say) with some strawberry jam.

I also had a fruit blancmange type thing (wasnt great), and a chocolate whoopie pie style cake, with a thin layer of choc buttercream, on the bottom right of the image.

How many cals should I estimate? I know it wont be perfect but 1000? 1500?

Just an estimate would be great.

8x2iurk0jgb4.jpg
l9ye4uvf86fw.jpg

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Based on the calorie counts I've created in the past for vegan recipes that look kinda like those, I would log at least 1,500 for that meal.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Based on the calorie counts I've created in the past for vegan recipes that look kinda like those, I would log at least 1,500 for that meal.

Based on all the vegan baking I have done, I agree. Vegan baked goods and treats like that can often end up being way higher in calories than the "original", depending on what is being subbed, etc.

• Determinedtoloseliz
    Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Salad it is for dinner then haha! Have you made something similar to the choc cake/pie? Id love to have the recipe!
  • Determinedtoloseliz
    Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Based on all the vegan baking I have done, I agree. Vegan baked goods and treats like that can often end up being way higher in calories than the "original", depending on what is being subbed, etc.

Read above please (forgot to copy you in)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Salad it is for dinner then haha! Have you made something similar to the choc cake/pie? Id love to have the recipe!

The texture looks kind of like this one (http://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/2015/11/21/the-ultimate-vegan-chocolate-cake/ ), one of my favorites. But I've only made it as a layer cake, not in whoopie pie form. But I would love to try one like in your picture!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I made a recipe for afternoon tea that's about 1200 cals. But it's not vegan and includes hot chocolate.

I'd put yours at 900ish if you didn't have a drink?