Recommendations for a pre workout?

Options
I'm looking for a pre workout to give me energy after work so I can still give the gym my all. Preferably all natural ingredients...

Thanks!

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Most pre-workouts consist of creatine, l-carnosine, vitamin B12, vitamin C and caffeine. Creatine and l-carnosine are mainly for lifting, so they're not needed unless you're actually lifting. It doesn't have natural ingredients, but I tend to use an energy pineapple mango flavor mix from Kroger, which supplies the B12, vitamin C and caffeine.
  • cmuise19
    cmuise19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the vega, acai berry flavor. it tastes like fruit punch. and it's vegan, so all natural ingredients.
    My recommendation is to use ice cold water, makes it taste a lot better
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to use C4 by Cellucor. After I stopped using it I didn't notice a difference in my gym performance. These days I drink black coffee an hour or so before the gym if I need a pick me up. I think this works even better for me than a pre workout formula.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    A banana and an electrolyte drink
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    If people want to save some money, drink a Gatorade and take some caffeine (200mg) pills.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • noelani716
    noelani716 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SciWhiz wrote: »
    I used to use C4 by Cellucor. After I stopped using it I didn't notice a difference in my gym performance. These days I drink black coffee an hour or so before the gym if I need a pick me up. I think this works even better for me than a pre workout formula.

You did not like C4?
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    food and water
  • coachsaralee
    coachsaralee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Herbalife Prepare is amazing. Herbalife24.com for details. Very clean, NSF tested (every batch). I strongly disagree with drinking high sugary drinks and lots of caffeine... caffeine constricts blood vessels... something like Prepare helps open up blood vessels increasing flow of oxygen and nutrients to your muscles.
  • coachsaralee
    coachsaralee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If people want to save some money, drink a Gatorade and take some caffeine (200mg) pills.

Sorry but that's horrible advice. Very unhealthy.
  • hamilton8560
    hamilton8560 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do pure caffeine powder, i get mine for cheap out of powder city website
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Herbalife Prepare is amazing. Herbalife24.com for details. Very clean, NSF tested (every batch). I strongly disagree with drinking high sugary drinks and lots of caffeine... caffeine constricts blood vessels... something like Prepare helps open up blood vessels increasing flow of oxygen and nutrients to your muscles.

Herbalife prepare contains 100mg caffeine per serving

LOL
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    noelani716 wrote: »
    SciWhiz wrote: »

You did not like C4?

I used it for a while but it just made me jittery and the fake sweet taste was horrible IMO. I stopped taking it to see if it was actually helping my performance and nothing changed. I switched to plain coffee and my wallet is now thanking me!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    C4 by Cellucor is available at Walmart for $15. I use it prior to every workout, and especially race days. It can make you jittery, but goes away during exercise. The one thing I did notice was that I needed about twice the water, and then needed to pee more frequently. There is also a generic version of this from Muscletech, but it has so much caffeine in it that I don't sleep well.