Ketogenic diet

Options
Is anyone here trying it?

Replies

• tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Search the communities they have some just for Keto. I don't eat carbs and I've lost 63 pounds in 3 months!! It works. Carbs are the devil
  • saratzavala
    saratzavala Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing research but not sure how to start it is so oposite of what u hear is healthy with the fat and all.
  • americansow
    americansow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Search the communities they have some just for Keto. I don't eat carbs and I've lost 63 pounds in 3 months!! It works. Carbs are the devil

How do you keep your energy up. I would like to try this but I'm not a good carb counter food watcher. Great for you. Keep up the good work. I hear this has been great for health purposes
  • BunduRic
    BunduRic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started the high fat low /no carb diet on the 6 July and to date lost 10.8kg.

I now eat a brekafeast of bacon, eggs and sausage, skip lunch and then have a dinner of a smaller portion of protein but lots of greens.

I no longer get hungry between meals, took about 2 weeks to make the turn on the diet and not feeling hungry.

Also gym / train 5 days a week now and dont feel energyless or tired

I am done with carbs abd sugars!!!!
  • meendriss
    meendriss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I tried it in the past and it worked wonders (I lost 7-8kg in under one month). I'm trying to get back on it now, I've been a hard time but that's my ultimate goal. For me, it was a super simple choice: bacon, cheese, eggs vs rice, cereal, pasta, bread and fruit. I chose the first, obviously. I do miss the fruit and the sweets but the keto world has incredible amounts of recipes that are delicious – like low-carb, sugarfree cheesecake, for example!

Ideally, I try stay under 30g of carbs per day, but 50g is also ok if I work out that day. The thing with this diet, at least from what I read, is that the body takes time to settle into the ketosis process. Which means, it's extremely important to keep as long a streak as you can. For example (in my opinion and from what I've read), it's more effective to keep your daily carb intake below 30-50g for 20+ days in a row and then have a cheat day or cheat weekend where you stuff yourself with all you want (preferably with a limit ofc) than having a 4-5 day streak and then breaking it by a little bit (70-100g of carbs).

As a workout I walk a lot (Pokemon GO ftw) and lift weights. Trying to get into jogging but I'm quite heavy so not great for my spine and joints. Hope this helps! Feel free to add me if you wanna motivate each-other! ^^