Where's the protein?

Options
HELP. I'm in serious need of protein I only get an average of 82g a day. But I try to eat low carb and it's hard to stay full like that so I need more protein. I'm also very on the go but I don't want to eat empty calories. What are some high protein suggestions??

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    If you eat low carb I suggest you join on of the LCHF boards and also upp your fats. What are your fat sources and how much do you consume daily?
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Chicken, some cheeses. Tofu, steak, beans, nuts
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is loaded with protein.
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Super helpful spreadsheet in this thread
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt without added sugar. Protein shakes without added sugar.
  • bezlooney
    bezlooney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Your most likely getting enough protein! People don't need as much as they think . I don't know your weight, height, age, and activity level but 80+frames is good
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    tuna, nuts, nut butters, Greek yogurt, Skyr (Icelandic yogurt), eggs, cheese (inluding cottage cheese), beans and other legumes, meat/poultry/fish
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and turkey slices.
  • raniaroushdy7
    raniaroushdy7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eggs, chicken, turkey, meat, cottage cheese, greek yogurt and fish
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, salmon or tuna sashimi
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Quark, jerky, low carb protein bars, pork, venison, lamb, shellfish, eggs, tempeh...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being overly obvious there are always protein supplements such as powders and bars.
  • Ryguy08
    Ryguy08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Whey protein powder, greek yogurt, cheese, eggs, lean meats, fish, nut butters, nuts (almonds are my personal favorite).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,715 Member
    Options

Totally this. It's the best resource I've seen for questions like yours. Just scroll through the linked spreadsheet & find foods you like, then eat more of them.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    Have you questioned why you think low carb is the solution for you? If there's a medical reason then seeing a registered dietician might be a good idea. If you think you lose weight quicker then I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. If low carb really is what you want to commit to for the rest of your life, and not only to lose weight then maybe look up some recipes and join a community here.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Have you questioned why you think low carb is the solution for you? If there's a medical reason then seeing a registered dietician might be a good idea. If you think you lose weight quicker then I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. If low carb really is what you want to commit to for the rest of your life, and not only to lose weight then maybe look up some recipes and join a community here.

This. Not all carbs are bad. Eating alot more vegetables are healthy and filling. They have carbs but not the processed crap in most breads and pastas. Also eating high fiber, higher carbs slows the digestion of carbs. Eat a bunch of beans and lentils or other legumes and lots of vegetables. You will be full, healthy, and still be able to lose weight if you count your calories. Counting calories is why you lose weight, not eating low carb fad diets.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    Cottage cheese is loaded with protein.

Yes, yes, a million times yes.