Vegan Girl

Options
2»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Just find it strange since that is pro Ana speak. I'm a mostly recovered anorexic myself who's 40 but I qualify it by saying mostly recovered
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    PrettyLikeDrugz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just find it strange since that is pro Ana speak. I'm a mostly recovered anorexic myself who's 40 but I qualify it by saying mostly recovered

But I'm not recovered, I still struggle. So if I wrote recovered anorexic, that would be a lie.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    It's not that you refer to yourself as anorexic that I have issues with, it's the use of the word ana but if you want to use it all power to you just letting you know the only place I see people using ana are in pro Ana communities
  • PrettyLikeDrugz
    PrettyLikeDrugz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I came here for support and advice from others who have may have suffered with an eating disorder and got well, but it seems like everyone wants to attack me for being on here.

First of all, my doctor knows I'm doing this, it was his suggestion because I have gained too much weight from a medication I was put on that I should have never been put on.

Second, I shouldn't be asked questions about my doctor or therapy, that's private and to me overstepping boundaries. I would never question someone about something that private.

• singingflutelady
    Options

I'm referring to myself in this statement btw
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    What does me posting here have to do with anything? Are y'all the trolls of the fitness app community or something? Wow.

Many treatment teams/counselors do not feel that exposure to weight loss forums (especially since there can be some very bad advice given out in these forums that counter what your treatment team may want for you) is beneficial to recovery.

In addition, counting calories in general can cause people to spiral into disordered behavior again. This may not be a problem for you, but you really should be working with a professional and get their advice for dealing with a weight loss/calorie counting site.

As I just explained, I discussed this ALL with my doctor Wednesday. Look, I'm not a 15 years old girl. I'm a 40 year old woman. I didn't come here for therapy, I'm here to lose weight and STAY healthy.

Well, it's hard to tell, since you're being as defensive as a 15 year old girl
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Whoa.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    There's far too little talk about being a vegan in this discussion.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    @_Waffle_ that's because she changed one word in her title
  • ReesyIsLivingOnKeto
    ReesyIsLivingOnKeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your fitness pal. We can hold each other accountable to log in our meals and be sure we are getting proper nutrition while losing fat the healthy way.

You can do it!

RisyCup
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    OP I want to apologize. I just re-read my question to you and it sounds snarky as he!!, which is not at all what I intended. What I meant to convey was that if you are under the care of a doctor, or in your case, a very special counselor, it would not be unusual for the patient (you) to have agreed to stay off weight loss forums and confine discussions concerning weight loss to your treatment team and sometimes family members or people in your support system. If you have already cleared participation in this forum with your professional advisors, then great! and good luck! (I would leave Ana off your posts here because it is likely to be interpreted as a personification of anorexia, almost an endearment which indicates an affection for pro-anorexic behaviors, and is a big red flag.)
  • ChelseaRideout
    ChelseaRideout Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Holy crap people! Leave this poor woman alone! I see everyone's concerns here as far as eating disorders but GD! I have seen enough on MFP to be able to say that "yes, there are a lot of people on here to target and look for people who could even potentially be suffering from an ED just to report them and troll them down" talking about you singflutelady whatever your name is. Checked your stuff out and omg.. tons of trolling on ED people. I understand you used to suffer yourself but people are gonna do what they wanna do. Reporting them isn't gonna change anything... btw, before I get reported! NO I DO NOT CONDONE OR PARTICIPATE IN PRO-ED ACTIVITY!just making a valid point that people with ed's are attacked on mfp.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Holy crap people! Leave this poor woman alone! I see everyone's concerns here as far as eating disorders but GD! I have seen enough on MFP to be able to say that "yes, there are a lot of people on here to target and look for people who could even potentially be suffering from an ED just to report them and troll them down" talking about you singflutelady whatever your name is. Checked your stuff out and omg.. tons of trolling on ED people. I understand you used to suffer yourself but people are gonna do what they wanna do. Reporting them isn't gonna change anything... btw, before I get reported! NO I DO NOT CONDONE OR PARTICIPATE IN PRO-ED ACTIVITY!just making a valid point that people with ed's are attacked on mfp.

Reviving this conversation after several months is an odd move.
  • LittleBoBeep9
    LittleBoBeep9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan myself and you can feel free to add me. I do not have a history of Anorexia but I do have a long history of Binge eating disorder and I will be willing to help you in any way that you need.