Need a Responsible Partner to help me lose weight

Hi, my name is Dorea and I need to lose a lot of weight. My goal is to not become a diabetic. I love to exercise but sometimes it gets boring. On the weekends I only eat 1 meal a day. I NEED HELP! I need some one who will stay by me side and help me track and educated me on how to lose this weight. I'm looking for someone who will help me in plan my meals and exercise routine. It's like I need a teacher. I don't know how to explain it but that's it a teacher. You know some one who will teach me about food and someone who will give out class assignments to me to fulfill my goals. I WANT A+++ in this class. I live in the Pittsburgh Area. So, if you can and willing to stay by my side and help me lose this weight. I would greatly appreciated it. My email is Doreas_13@yahoo.com. Plus if you are a college student in the health and physical education field. I can be a great student. Thanks for the support

Replies

• edugan001
    edugan001 Posts: 36 Member
    I would recommend checking with your local hospital. The hospital I work at in the Boston area has an amazing program called "Lifestyle Management". They help guide patients into learning about their bodies through diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
  • xoxNICxox
    xoxNICxox Posts: 19 Member
    Doreas I think you can do this by yourself without having to fork out to pay for someone to do it. Set yourself small goals to aim for, ones that are realistic for you. I like you used to eat only one meal a day which was massively oversized and I piled the weight on. The best way to describe why is by thinking of your metabolism as a fire with food being the fuel. In order to keep the fire burning you need to add the right fuel (food) little and often to keep it going otherwise it will burn out. In other words your metabolism slows right down. Admittedly I do struggle now to eat my full calories and eat as many meals as I should but making the right food choices does help and this has been difficult as I am ridiculously fussy, to the point I've had hypnotherapy for food phobias. Feel free to add me, my food diary is open. X
  • Doreas_13
    Doreas_13 Posts: 2 Member
    Ladies thank you for the wonderful feedback. Edugan001 my doctor did give me information about the a program that meet up once a week for 1 year. I did go to the program and this program only talk about my eating habits it didn't do the other part which teach us how to balance the food and exercise part. In all is was a waste of time and I did not benefit from this problem. I was very sad and disappointment. To the point that I cry because the teach didn't reach far enough to help me.

XOXNICXOX- How do I add you on to ? ... Sorry I'm still new to this board.
    Thank you