Hello can anyone help?!!

Options
Hi all! Just recent started using MFP to lose weight. Just been on a 5 mile walk and my Fitbit said I have burnt 744 calls when it synced to MFP it only says I have burnt 579!! Can't work it out?? Feel free to add me :-)

Replies

• Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, that's a good walk 5 miles. I don't use any gadgets except the equipment and readings at the gym. I am sure someone on here will give you good advice.
  • rachelsarah41
    rachelsarah41 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks lovely, it's driving me mad! Fitbits are a great source of motivation plus mine has a HR monitor to calculate calories more accurately, would be lost without it!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Maybe have a look through these threads: Just done a quick search for you. https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/search?q=fitbit
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You only get fitbit calories when you earn over and above what MFP already assumes you'll earn in a day. So at some point during your walk you hit that point and started earning extra calories. It prevents double dipping - both know your burning calories the fitbit lets MFP knew when you're earning more than projected.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • nomatron3000
    nomatron3000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It also takes from your daily step goal so if your walk was 4,000 steps it's part of the daily total, it doesn't add more on top. Does that make sense? Hard to explain... But I get why it's frustrating! I just got a fitness band and am playing around with how to transfer the data because it's not compatible with MFP!
  • enonymous01
    enonymous01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb, 100 cal/mile of walking or jogging. I'd take the 579 for sure. And check what you have your weight set to for the fitbit app.