Looking for a fitness buddy

Options
I'm looking for a fitness buddy or even group. I find it difficult to diet and exercise alone so I thought why not do it with someone else. I am around 200 lbs and my goal is to be 140 lbs by the new year. So that my resolution can be maintaining my weight instead of decreasing it like it was all the previous years.

Replies

• RAM1979
    RAM1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a fitness buddy too. I was going to write my own post, but then I saw this. I need someone to hold me accountable. If I'm working with someone, I will do it, but on my own I tend to make excuses not to work out or that is okay to eat the extra junk. I'm around the same weight and would like to lose, but really just want to increase my health.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't think 60 lbs in just over 4 months is attainable...how about you focus on eating healthy and being active and try not to get hung up on the scale metric???
  • sparkhill13
    sparkhill13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Let's add each other. I'm around 217 and goal weight is 140lbs as well! I need support especially because I crave junk and I suffer from Anxeity and binge eating
  • loelak2690
    loelak2690 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    loelak2690 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a fitness buddy or even group. I find it difficult to diet and exercise alone so I thought why not do it with someone else. I am around 200 lbs and my goal is to be 140 lbs by the new year. So that my resolution can be maintaining my weight instead of decreasing it like it was all the previous years.

The number on the scale isn't the issue it has more to do with body image. I don't want to remain self conscious for the rest of my life. It isn't about whether or not my goal weight is attainable in that time frame it's about setting a goal and working towards it no matter how long it takes.
  • meganryork
    meganryork Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, 160 to 120/130. We should make a Facebook group chat! (:
  • somamaley
    somamaley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't think 60 lbs in just over 4 months is attainable...how about you focus on eating healthy and being active and try not to get hung up on the scale metric???

Well I did 50 lbs in the exact same time period last year so I don't think it's impossible, would need to do about 35000 less calories eating or more excercise than I did over that time period, about 250 cal per day, do-able but hard I would wager.

• natyyl85510
    natyyl85510 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to Add me I've lost 49 lbs since 1st may I still have a lot to lose