Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle - anyone out there?

Options
Morning all

I have just got a copy of this book and was wondering if anyone else has had any experience of it? I have tried all sorts of diets/plans over the years from Weight Watchers to calorie counting, but this book makes sense! Mix up weights, cardio and healthy eating as opposed to limit your eating (sounds much more up my street!).

I only got the book on Wednesday and have ordered some body fat scales, taken my before pics and stocked up on fish, vegetables etc. What I could do with help with though is planning some meals. I think once I get into the swing I can put together my own but does anyone have any ideas of what meals they have and the quantities please?

Many thanks in advance.

Replies

• casccw
    casccw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey how you going with BTFFTM? I'm just starting - I did it a while back so know it works!
    Cas
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the book but if the goal is weight loss, you do need to limit your eating/calories. If you just want to maintain/stronger/work on body composition, lift and eat at maintenance-sure.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the calorie counting makes the most sense to me. By the time I get my protein macro, and eat my fruit/veggie servings for the day, there is absolutely no reason to avoid "unhealthy" food with the remaining calories. Diets that confine themselves to a list that is "healthy" feel more limiting to me.

But this doesn't sound actively harmful, so good luck with it. I don't know if any of this follows your diet, but budgetbytes.com emilybites.com and wellplated.com are my current favorite recipe sources.