love chocolate!

Options
Hey mfp! i looooovvve chocolate and im looking for new, no cooking required, chocolate treats! i've found that jello mousse is very good for a low cal chocolate option. any more suggestions?

Replies

• mbjo
    mbjo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    a great low-cal, lo fat treat is a purity dairy mini ice cream sandwich. 80 calories!! Very satisfying. You just have to stop at one. ;)
  • swetha1234
    swetha1234 Posts: 35
    Options
    oh good! ice cream is perfect for summer too!
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fudge pops are a great summer treat.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too, and really struggled at first with not having it in my diet until I discovered the Kellogg's Fiber Plus Bars. I really like the new flavor, the Caramel Coconut Fudge. I have one a day as a snack & it takes care of my chocolate cravings. Plus it is really good & the extra fiber is an added bonus (130 calories each bar with 9 grams of fiber).

:wink:
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try Deep Chocolate vita tops (they're in the freezer section of the grocery store or order online) they are 100 cal, 4g protein, 9g of fiber. They last forever because you keep them in the freezer, and heat them up in toaster or microwave. They taste like warm chocolate chip cake! They are so decadent and satisfying! For more treats check out: www.hungrygirl.com That woman is a genius!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almond milk ice cream. 35 calories without the chocolate....45 calories with chocolate. No fat too.

Recipe:

Fill a large zip lock bag half way with ice and add a 1/2 cup of table salt. The salt is to make the ice super cold and speed freezing. It does not touch the ice cream.
    1 cup of almond milk (I like PureAlmond Unsweetened only 35 calories for 1 cup)
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp of a natural or artificial sweetner (Splenda, Truvia, honey, etc..).
    1 tbls. of unsweetened cocoa

Mix well and pour liquid into a smaller zip lock bag and seal it tight.
    Place the small bag inside the larger bag, seal and then shake vigorously for 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture hardens.
    Tip: use oven mits to keep your hands from getting too cold as you shake the bag.
    Also, consider adding cinnamon or instant coffee to the mixture for variety. Enjoy!
    * Add a scoop of vanilla protein and you its an awesome meal replacement!

It definitely curbs any ice cream cravings.
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Also, check out skinny cow truffle pops! They are also 100 cal and have 3g of fiber!
  • swetha1234
    swetha1234 Posts: 35
    Options
    yum! thanks!
  • memawwheeler
    memawwheeler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I really want chocolate, I make frozen yogurt. I take 1 cup of 0% fat free plain yogurt and mix 1 tbs of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder and some stevia. I have one of those Hamilton Beach 1/2 pint ice cream makers and I just put it in there and make frozen yogurt in about 10 minutes. I have used the vanilla yogurt and even added Hershey's special dark syrup along with the cocoa powder and stevia and it is awsome. Depending on which yogurt you use, is how many calories it is.
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Also, check out skinny cow truffle pops! They are also 100 cal and have 3g of fiber!

I agree! These are delicious and come in other flavors like caramel and mint!