Options
Karb_Kween
Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
This *kitten* is killing me

Replies

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Eaten something that disagrees with you?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    bentonite
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    I think I got IBS
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It seems everyone and their dog has IBS these days. I have the double whammy of IBD and IBS
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If it's something you can't manage, then probably need to see your GP.

Meantime, keep a food diary so you can work out your triggers.
  • Alice_NotInONEderland
    Options
    I don't think that everyone has IBS these days, I think everyone gets diagnosed with "IBS" when they really have i-eat-garbage-all-the-time-itis (that's not directed at OP of course!)

OP: Have you been to a Dr or tried an elimination diet? (That's the first thing a lot of doctors might ask you to do). Maybe you've become lactose intolerant or developed a food allergy (I think eggs is a pretty common one too) I hope you feel better!
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    I don't think that everyone has IBS these days, I think everyone gets diagnosed with "IBS" when they really have i-eat-garbage-all-the-time-itis (that's not directed at OP of course!)

OP: Have you been to a Dr or tried an elimination diet? (That's the first thing a lot of doctors might ask you to do). Maybe you've become lactose intolerant or developed a food allergy (I think eggs is a pretty common one too) I hope you feel better!

No I can't afford a doctor

Also I avoid dairy cause I noticed I started getting lactose intolerance in my early twenties

I don't really understand it, I try to eat a lot of fiber because I used to get constipated. Now I don't really get constipated anymore unless I'm on a bender.

I just get violent storms of .. whatever comes out
  • Alice_NotInONEderland
    Alice_NotInONEderland Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That sounds horrible, I'm so sorry.

My husband is pretty sick with IBD and has to be really careful about what he eats (similar to diets for people with IBS). If you can't see a Dr it might be worth it do a little experimemting on your own with a low-FODMAP diet or elimination diet for IBS.

Also, make sure you aren't eating foods that contain xylitol or malitol. I've made that mistake before and paid the price.

Good luck. Get well soon.
  • SkyMaiden007
    SkyMaiden007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This changed my life. Now I know what my trigger foods are, so I can avoid them when I go out.