I NEED SOME HELP

So, I was just told I have to go gluten/soy free and only 100 grams of carbs a day. I have no clue where to start, what to eat besides chicken. I will only eat salmon patties no other fish except all the bad stuff like fish sticks and frozen breaded fish. I hate most veggies, no tofu nothing of the sorts. Where do I start!!!!???

Replies

• kateb212
    kateb212 Posts: 12 Member
    Did a doctor/dietitian tell you this? Doesn't sound right to me.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Told by whom?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Were you given ideas on meal plans? Did the doctor refer you to a dietician?
  • nursemickey
    nursemickey Posts: 52 Member
    kateb212 wrote: »
    Did a doctor/dietitian tell you this? Doesn't sound right to me.

I had a LOT of blood work done and it's really because of my thyroid antibodies that are triple what they should be.
    A dietician did go over the test results and I do have an appointment next Wednesday.
    Told by whom?
    SEE above
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Were you given ideas on meal plans? Did the doctor refer you to a dietician?

Appt with a dietician Wednesday BUT I need to eat before then.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2016
    Have you tried roasting vegetables in a little olive oil?

Which vegetables do you eat?
  • nursemickey
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Have you tried roasting vegetables in a little olive oil?

Which vegetables do you eat?

I'll eat mixed veggies (corn, green beans, carrots (not fond of those really), broccoli (would like some ranch with it)

that about covers it.
  • nursemickey
    Oh and I don't eat seafood other than the salmon patties.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Steak.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    So, I was just told I have to go gluten/soy free and only 100 grams of carbs a day. I have no clue where to start, what to eat besides chicken. I will only eat salmon patties no other fish except all the bad stuff like fish sticks and frozen breaded fish. I hate most veggies, no tofu nothing of the sorts. Where do I start!!!!???

You have to cut out fish sticks and breaded fish anyway - that's gluten, and "patties" may mean containing gluten.

You start with what's left, which is quite a lot. 100 grams of carbs is moderate carb, especially for a woman, you'll be fine.

Fruit: All fruit and berries are fine.
    Vegetables: Just avoid soy (also edamame). Use enough dressing to make them taste good.
    Meat: Turkey, duck, pork, lamb, beef are common meats.
    Dairy: Milk, butter, yogurt, cheese.
    Eggs.
    Oils.
    Nuts and seeds.
    Grains, pulses and starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, lentils, rice, oats, corn, buckwheat.

Can you cook? If not, this is the perfect time to start.

ETA: I had a peek at your diary settings, and it will be a lot easier for you to stick to a lower protein and higher fat - try 25% protein, 30% carbs, 45% fat. This means more full fat, full taste food.
  • nursemickey

You have to cut out fish sticks and breaded fish anyway - that's gluten, and "patties" may mean containing gluten.

You start with what's left, which is quite a lot. 100 grams of carbs is moderate carb, especially for a woman, you'll be fine.

Fruit: All fruit and berries are fine.
    Vegetables: Just avoid soy (also edamame). Use enough dressing to make them taste good.
    Meat: Turkey, duck, pork, lamb, beef are common meats.
    Dairy: Milk, butter, yogurt, cheese.
    Eggs.
    Oils.
    Nuts and seeds.
    Grains, pulses and starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, lentils, rice, oats, corn, buckwheat.

Can you cook? If not, this is the perfect time to start.

ETA: I had a peek at your diary settings, and it will be a lot easier for you to stick to a lower protein and higher fat - try 25% protein, 30% carbs, 45% fat. This means more full fat, full taste food.

Thanks. The other issue is, my bad cholesterol is good and the good isn't. She told me to limit red meat. I've been doing well, and have even lost 15lbs. The first week or 2 was the hardest. Now if I eat something unhealthy, it makes me sick.