Could use some encouragement

Options
Hi, I'm josh. A bit hesitant making this post because I'm generally a very positive person and don't want to be perceived as complaining. To be honest, I'm not sure I would respond to a post like this so am not really expecting much. Having said that, I've been feeling a little discouraged and lonely lately and would really appreciate any encouraging words and support! Thanks for the love

Replies

• Leticia92376
    Leticia92376 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, what ever you do be happy with who you are and admire your self daily even if others dont. I personally learned that if I keep my personality outgoing and be happy I can show that I'm happy with who I'm becoming. People see me and they tell me wow you are happy all the time. After I walk away I know they are questioning why but I know inside me is because I'm happy with who I am. I'm just pushing my self a bit more to be physically good and healthy for me not for anyone.
  • joshuaguyer
    joshuaguyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those kind words of encouragement, Leticia! In general I tend to have a very high opinion of myself and recognize that I have a lot of very positive attributes that others find appealing. While like you I try to maintain a positive outlook that suggests to others that I am happy, unfortunately the reality is that I'm actually not happy. I've become quite good at repressing my loneliness by thoroughly immersing myself in work.
  • Kindrex30
    Kindrex30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their ups and downs. My school director recently gave me a task because I was in a similar spot. She said it is so easy to tell yourself negative things. Which is true. We can all list numerous things about ourselves we'd like to change. Inside and out. So her task was to stand in front of the mirror every day and say 3 positive things about yourself. Which was WAY more difficult than it seemed. But it helps.
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Thank you, Kindrex. I'm going to take your suggestion and do that right now!
  • StartEveryDayNew
    StartEveryDayNew Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You got this!! I am very positive most days but I have my bad days as well. You can do it!! Find things other than work that make you happy!!! I have a few close friends that do nothing but bring me up when I'm down.
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    You're right - thanks, Heather! I could use more diversity in activities to achieve a more balanced life.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    HI there, it can be discouraging at times, but there are a lot of people that are going through the exact same thing and would like nothing more than to be there for you. Don't be hesitant to post. That is what they are here for, to give you encouragement and help you with your journey!
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your goals are, but I hope you feel more encouraged soon. Posting can help. There are a lot of supportive people here.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey, it does get a bit like that sometimes :( sorry you're feeling that way.

Try and reflect on all the things you have achieved so far (in relation to fitness and not in relation to fitness) and be proud of yourself for that. Set some realistic goals and work towards them! Positive affirmations always help too. You got this!
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Indiacaitlin, thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement!!!
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Mhessacp, thank you for being so supportive!
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Lisahebert186, you're so right - thank you for the reminder and for your support!!
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, always great to have new friends!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    We all getbthat way from time to time BUT you are strong, amazing, and enough! Keep being amazing!
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation, Allieparkia!!
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Tatajana, that's so encouraging to hear - thank you very much for your kind words of support
  • reggieuppal
    reggieuppal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We all have our good days and bad, at times most days tend to get overwhelming and discourage us from what we're set out to do. Focus more on the good and less on the bad. Use your positivity to motivate you and keep you going. You got this and I'm sure you'll be successful in your goals. Keep going and dont give up. We're all here to motivate and support one another !
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement, reggieuppal!!
  • joshuaguyer
    Options
    Great picture, biggdaddy58 - made me laugh :) Thanks!