What's wrong with my new fitness program?

Options
MarshallLuke
MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
So, I have been doing this new fitness program called "The 80's Montage Workout". I put on a power ballad, and I have done two jumping jacks, three sit-ups, two push-ups, ten seconds of running in place (where I comically tripped over nothing). I have been doing this workout for a WHOLE SONG and I am no thinner than when I began. From all the movies I have seen, about halfway through the song you are supposed to be at least 15 pounds lighter and very muscular. What am I doing wrong????!!!

Replies

• Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Do you have the correct hair?
  • JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    :laugh: Hire a body double!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing the appropriate dirty white sport jacket with sleeves rolled up and a neon t-shirt underneath?
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You need head bands, wrist bands... short shorts and knee high socks.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

And the correct Jazzercise-inspired workout clothes? Leg warmers and a headband are a MUST!
  • MarshallLuke
    Options
    You know, slightly longish, held back with a red, white and blue sweat band, and it, miraculously, stays perfect throughout the entire workout, as if I hadn't sweated at all.
  • MarshallLuke
    Options
    You need head bands, wrist bands... short shorts and knee high socks.
    Oh, I have the knee-highs alright... bright white with blue bands at the top (to match the headband)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You have black frame sunglasses on, right? Sweatbands on your wrists? hmmm.. did you take a few seconds to squirt water on your head mid-workout?
  • MarshallLuke
    Options
    You have black frame sunglasses on, right? Sweatbands on your wrists? hmmm.. did you take a few seconds to squirt water on your head mid-workout?
    That must be it, I forgot the mid-montage water bottle squirt and the instant-dry to show that time has passed!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    You have to also be watching Breakfast Club or Valley Girl or Pretty in Pink!
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know the answer. Are you changing outfits between jumping jacks? Or changing your location between exercises? It is important that you are in different places and wearing different clothes for each exercise...... otherwise it isn't a montage and weight loss cannot occur and world ending paradoxes will ensue.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Depends on the power ballad -- if you chose Journey, the mellow-ness just EXTINGUISHES the calorie burn. Choose Led Zeppelen, and WHAMMO. Slow, steady burn. It's a scientific fact. :}
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Depends on the power ballad -- if you chose Journey, the mellow-ness just EXTINGUISHES the calorie burn. Choose Led Zeppelen, and WHAMMO. Slow, steady burn. It's a scientific fact. :}

White Snake or Def Leppard will help the burn as well.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I know the answer. Are you changing outfits between jumping jacks? Or changing your location between exercises? It is important that you are in different places and wearing different clothes for each exercise...... otherwise it isn't a montage and weight loss cannot occur and world ending paradoxes will ensue.

Oh. .. dear .. god ... you forgot to change outfits between workouts didn't you?!?!?!! DIDN'T YOU?!?!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It only works if you have righteous anger directed at the school bully who took your girlfriend away.

By the end of your workout you'll be fit, humiliate the bully, steal his car and win the girl back!! :drinker:
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need a Tawny Kitaen to roll around on the hood of your car as you work out.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options

It has to be BIG...sprayed, and frosted at the tips...otherwise, you gain weight.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I KNOW I KNOW- do you have a friend there to alternately dunk your head in hot and cold water? Very important. Also, remember to run through some grimy neighborhoods. Railroad tracks, under bridges, that kind of thing. Maybe you'll get it right tomorrow :wink:
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You have to also be watching Breakfast Club or Valley Girl or Pretty in Pink!

Nice "Valley Girl" reference... one of the more underrated '80s teen movies. Another is "Tuff Turf" starring James Spader.
  • kms70
    kms70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are probably missing the mullet!!!:laugh: