Low cal breakfast ideas...help

Options
mypeep
mypeep Posts: 55 Member
Any low cal, high protein breakfast ideas please. I need simple recipes since I'm in a hurry to leave in the morning. I'm tired of oatmeal and a scrambled egg.

My husband leaves for work at 5;00 AM and doesn't get a lunch break until around 11:30, so needs to be able to have some protein to "keep him going."

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Replies

• pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like to make egg cups in a muffin tin on the weekends and freeze them. You could add meats, vegetables, cheeses... A single egg (I usually scramble mine) and a little bit of toppings fills one muffin cup. They're even good to eat cold.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, blue berries, walnuts. The brown rice is easy to cook the night before--I use Success minute rice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt "parfait."

I pack my breakfast the same way I pack my lunch (the night before). Anyway, I put yogurt & berries in a large covered mug (store in fridge). Then I measure out high fiber cereal (I like Fiber One or Kashi Go Lean) and a few nuts. Fat helps me stay full longer. I put that in a snack sized zip-lock bag. In the a.m. I can pour the dry ingredients in & stir.
  • mishii28
    mishii28 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I used to prep vegetables a few days in advance so I could quickly make omelettes in the morning. Deli turkey or chicken can easily be thrown in too with the veggies. Swap egg whites in for whole eggs and the calories will be lower as well.

Another one I liked is breakfast burritos made with light flat out wraps.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm in a hurry and haven't prepared breakfast the night before I just grab 2 slices of protein bread (Mestemacher is my favorite one) and 2 Laughing Cow Light cheese triangles and I'm good to go. They have surprising amounts of protein which keep me full for a long long time.
  • FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I usually zap 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters in the microwave, toast a slice of Dave's Killer bread (thin sliced) and top the bread with 1/4 avocado and then the egg. If you Google egg mug recipes you can find lots of different ideas too.