My birthday is tomorrow... alternatives to birthday cake?

Options

Replies

• snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Have a small cake and a little alcohol. Then go for a walk with everyone who ate the cake!! Happy Birthday.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Have a gourmet mini cupcake and a glass of wine. Take an hour walk. Easy to fit birthday treats in for the day. Happy birthday!

I really like this idea
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake! drink the wine!! Enjoy your life. This is for life, not to lose for a short time. We will all have days that are a bit off, but that is life.
    Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!!!
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Eat the damn cake.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake, and whatever else you fancy. Your birthday is a once a year deal, it won't even put a dent in your weight compared to what you are able to lose in a year.

Happy birthday!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I eat the cake, unless I don't want cake. Then I eat the ice cream. :smile:

It's your birthday, it's just one day in a string of days. Don't confuse a day eating at maintenance or a bit above with some sort of failure. That's the best part about calorie counting--it is way more flexible than other weight loss methods.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I had a big slice of cake and a fancy latte at a restaurant on Mother's Day. It's my birthday in a few weeks and I'll be having cake then too - and probably wine. It's not 'failure' or 'giving up' or 'ruining everything' - it's life. Enjoy it! :)

I like the cupcake idea, if you're really worried about self-control or portion sizes - get as many delicious, fancy cupcakes as there are people to eat them, so that there are no leftovers to tempt you, and savour yours with a glass of whatever alcohol you fancy.

Happy birthday!

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    jenidallas wrote: »
    A birthday cake flavored protein bar might be a great substitute if you don't want to eat cake. I like the Oh Yeah One bar... it has colored sprinkles in it and everything. Its easy to forget you are eating something healthy!

The cake flavored protein bar is a LIE!

Seriously though, this is the saddest thing I've seen all day, and I just binge watched Sarah McLachlan's ASPCA commercials on Youtube.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support! I needed to hear this!!! Avocado salad and cheesecake it is... and thanks for the well wishes! Happy weekend to you!
  • esckaiftw
    esckaiftw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday - You have to do what works for you. For me I would have some cake, just a moderate slice. There will always be special times through out the year. Nothing wrong with a little reward for all the effort especially for a special reason. However, I would pay it off with a little less on other meals and extra work at the gym. But again, that is just me.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It's only your second week so I'd normally say don't eat the cake, but it's you birthday. Have a piece of cake, perhaps even set your goal to maintenance that day. Make one of your goals to lose weight between major holidays so you can celebrate them in a reasonable and guilt-free fashion.
  • Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake with strawberry topping. But, I would go for the cake!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You can eat the cake! It's your birthday :smile: enjoy it, let yourself have a day off and then get back on it the day after. Don't let fitness/dieting rule your life and stop you enjoying occasions and food.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Cupcake!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Buy green cabbage from the store, poke candles in, blow them and eat the cabbage ;)

Nothing says, "Happy Birthday" more than eating raw cabbage. LMAO.

I'd be "singing happy birthday" for about the next 48 hrs.
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Burger King's Whopperito
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There is no alternative. On my birthday I relax on logging, and then I work the leftover cake into my calories over the following 2-3 days.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I know this is offtopic. The worst is when waitstaff gather around and sing happy birthday. I see their faces and can tell they hate it. Happens often in cheesecake factory and small diners.

You are right. They do hate it. So stop making them do it.

Anyway OP. For my birthday I go and get myself a really good mini cake or a single slice at a local bakery. And I enjoy it.

It is one day. Enjoy it.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Diamonds, shoes, or a trip....