Counting Fruit

Options
Hey group, I was just curious if people count the fresh fruits and vegetables in their calories?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Yes of course
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Of course count fruits and vegetables! Some fruits contain more calories than cookies.
  • TravisGM92
    TravisGM92 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Everything that I eat!
  • dmead001
    dmead001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been but I know WW has the philosophy not to..
  • TravisGM92
    TravisGM92 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    dmead001 wrote: »

And don't believe the "net carbs" or "negative calories" crap either. They work off the assumption that the body doesn't digest fiber, which isn't true. The human body digests fiber, just not all of it. It really depends on a lot of things so it's just best to count all the fiber, carbs, etc.

Celery is a great low calorie snack but it isn't by any means a "negative calorie"... boils my toothpaste when I hear people say that... :s
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

That's because they give you an artificially low point count (calorie count) to account for them and make them seem free to encourage you to eat them. In reality their free foods are just "ungiven" points.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    WW adapted (lowered) the points so that fruit and veg didn't need to be counted so as to encourage their intake over other foods if they were to be counted.

Eg one tim tam has the same calories has a banana.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

That's because they give you an artificially low point count (calorie count) to account for them and make them seem free to encourage you to eat them. In reality their free foods are just "ungiven" points.

^^This. It's nice to see that someone actually understands the "free fruit" concept of WW. Too many people think it's a free-for-all, that you can gorge on fruit all day. That's not the case at all, and WW doesn't explain it that way in their materials. But people hear "free" and equate it with "as much as I want".
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If fruit were free, i would be scoffing bananas, strawberries and mango's daily, and the weight would pile on!
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Weigh it and count it.