Options
Mine is

a) Ahi tuna--seared or as sashimi and
b) In-N-Out Burger Double Double

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Healthy: Grilled chicken salad, low cal dressing on the side so I can put on 2 tbsp. A close second is the steamed chicken and vegetable dish from Chinese takeout, sauce on the side.

Unhealthy: Do I have to pick ONE??? Okay. I'll pick two.... A great big taco salad in one of those fried flour tortilla shells, or the big old nacho plate with 2 types of meat, beans, cheese, the works.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oh god, you've made me really miss living in California again, hahaha! :D In N Out has been calling my name since I moved to the Midwest 9 years ago, lol.

My favorites are:
    Healthy meal: 3 eggs scrambled with vegetables and cheese. Sometimes I like it with ham or bacon in it too, but it's not required. (that can be from anywhere that offers such a breakfast)
    Unhealthy meal: There's a couple of restaurants that do something like this (Kansas City loves our BBQ lol), but one of them calls it an OMG! burger. It's a 1/2lb burger topped with cheddar cheese, onion tanglers, and 1/4lb of bbq pulled pork.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Healthy: The Cheesecake Factory's Skinnylicious Asian Chicken Salad (and their Ahi Carpaccio appetizer while I'm at it).

Unhealthy: Pretty much anything new at Olive Garden! Their spaghetti deep dish looked AMAZING but I didn't let myself touch any. Honestly I don't trust myself with many unhealthy meals so I don't even try them when I go out so this one is hard!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    a: Salmon on Caesar (at a small local chain called Fresco's)
    b: Penne Rustica (At Romano's Macaroni Grill) It's so calorific, the website states "serves 4".
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Healthy: Sushi is the easy answer. My boyfriend found a yummy quinoa salad from a local place recently. And I love raw oysters with a champagne mignonette, but that's not really a meal. I also loved Tokyo Joe's when I lived in Denver, particularly a noodle bowl with broccoli, dark meat chicken, and their perfect teriyaki sauce.

Less healthy: Qdoba naked queso burrito with chips and guac. Gracie's in Providence, especially when they give you extra macarons and baked goods on your way out!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My go to in restaurants are: salmon caesar, dressing on the side, no croutons, or any variant of simple salad with protein and dressing on the side, or a simple grilled protein with double veg. That gets me through virtually any restaurant. 1 glass of chardonnay

My more indulgent favorite meal is a shared whole grain pizza with hubs and a shared yummy greek salad both from a local restaurant within walking distance. As long as I don't do that too often, I'm grand.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    The "healthy" - Pho

The "unhealthy: Maybe mofongo. I haven't had that recently and it sounds really tasty atm.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Healthy: SaladWorks Greek salad with fat free balsamic with wheat roll.

Unhealthy: Chicken Parm with side of spaghetti and garlic knots at Chianti Ristorante Italiano, South Jersey.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Healthy : sweet chilli avocado chicken wrap

Unhealthy : double thick double chocolate/salted caramel brownie milkshake
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If I go out, I'm usually skipping anything healthy, but something fishy and broiled with veggies would work.

As for unhealthy, just point me in the direction of an Asian buffet and try not to wonder into my path.
    >:)
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Panera salads with chicken and an apple on the side

Anything greasy/cheesy Mexican with a pile of chips
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Healthy: Bob Evan's Fit from the Farm veggie omelet meal -they give you a ton of food (large omelet, fresh fruit, toast) for less than 450 calories. I also like Ruby Tuesday's grilled salmon with spaghetti squash (plus the salad bar if I really want lots of veggies).

Unhealthy: On the Border's create your own combo with chicken tortilla soup, chicken enchiladas, and chicken empanadas with all rice, chips and queso, and top it off with a big ice cream pie. It's over 3000 calories, and I used to get this all the time (just thinking of all that food is making me sick).
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't see them as healthy or unhealthy just within my calories and over a days worth of calories in one meal.
    Within calories= Gammon egg and chips.

Days worth of calories= Vindaloo with rice naan bread and a huge onion bhaji
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Healthy would be sushi, I love sashimi.

Unhealthy would be a local place called Go Chicken Go. Love their deep fried gizzards. I used to get a pound of the things plus sides!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Heathy would be a 6 oz sirloin but especially at Chilis because their sides are delicious. Last time I got roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes and a wheatberry quinoa salad. It was fabulous.

Unhealthy is a flourless chocolate cake.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Healthy: pasta with some wine

Unhealthy: wine with some pasta :p
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Healthy: sashimi and nigiri, chicken bowls from chipotle (chicken, half brown rice, fajita veggies, mild salsa), grilled fish tacos w no sauce

Unhealthy: burritos the size of my head, buttermilk biscuits from southern restaurants, big fried fish sandwiches, and and and...
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Healthy: Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad or Cobb salad hold the bacon and dressing on the side, Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken cool wrap
    Unhealthy: Pizza Hut deep dish, cookie dough blizzard DQ
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Healthy - half pound of steamed shrimp and a salad. A shot of Bacardi in a tall glass or club soda with lime.

Unhealthy - hot ranch wings with French fries an celery and blue cheese. And craft beer or three.
  • alpacalypsia
    alpacalypsia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Healthy: it's been said above multiple times, but sushi. Although I personally don't like raw fish, I enjoy California rolls and the like. Wasabi required though!

Unhealthy: there was this one place in Michigan that dished up this magnificent burger. Mushrooms, onions, bacon, melted cheese, and coleslaw over a half pound of grilled beef, all wrapped up in a buttered toasted bun. And accompanied by the crispiest, perfectly salted fries... utter heaven <3